1st Hog with Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Hog with Grendel

I got "cowed" Friday evening and some were still there Saturday morning. Shortly after first light a batch of hogs came up from the Guadalupe andf into the herd of bedded down Angus cows and calves. I waited for this white sow and put a 123 AMAX behind her ear at about 150 yards. Needless to say she was DRT. She was about 80# +/- and if she'd be any heavier I'd have had to get some help with my bum leg and rotator cuffs. I got her up to the edge of the tailgate and kicked her in like a bale of hay.

Sausage coming soon!

Will

I have two pictures in Dropbox but I can't seem to get them attached?

The pink spot below ear is entry point.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2013, 10:48 PM. Reason: Dropbox dummy

Comment

• Taylormade

Very cool

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Agreed, very nice thanks for posting. The 6.5 Grendel can getter done!

Comment

Congratulations on some nice shooting and soon to be sausage. Was there an exit wound? If not what did the bullet look like?

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Nice job WillD !How does that pork taste-compared to domestic oinkers?

Comment

Whelenon, None that I could find, but I shot the hog for a friend, the sausage maker, and he cleaned it.

sneaky one, The taste, if you slay a smaller hog this was about the limit, can be stronger and its MUCH leaner. In sausage unless you used some rank old boar I doubt youd know the difference. Now my sausage making friend said he would probably add some manteca de puerco (lard) since it is so lean.

Comment

What no pics of the Grendel, shame shame shame lol nice hog

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Thanks WillD, all of you guys are helping me to decide where to hog hunt-this summ.-fall season.
                    I make our own summer sausage here,- literally in my house-team effort,=deer, pork, beef, plus the occasional pkg. of moose-Elk, lamb-it's all good eats.
                    Where you been so long-away?

Comment

WillD where did you take that?

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Nice porker. Hopefully I can get one myself this weekend.
                        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                          Nice porker. Hopefully I can get one myself this weekend.
                          Whats up my friend? We need to get together one of these days for a hog smack down. I usually fly to DFW then drive out to commerce to get the hogs. I got into this whole Grendel thing for pig hunting. I have popped them with my 7mag and my trusty 30.30 but the Grendel I what I really want to put to work...

A320PYLT

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Tech09 I used my 1/2 Grendel w/18" fluted Satern pics http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...14-My-Grendels

sneaky one I've been hunkered down, trying to stay busy, still not completely healed

rick458 in a pecan orchard north of Cost
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2013, 08:53 PM. Reason: fat fingers & added link

Comment

Working...
                            X