123 gr SMK vs Noz CC - on deer/hogs vs 129 SST ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 123 gr SMK vs Noz CC - on deer/hogs vs 129 SST ????

Interested in field reports in how these expand/penetrate, retain, kill.

Hunters, all chime in - thanks.
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

I would lean towards the sst the smk and cc are not designed for hunting probably fine for deer but defiantly lightly built for hog
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I shot a bottle of water with Nosler CC and it acted like a FMJ. diameter size hole in and out. Not very scientific but for the price difference I like the 120 grain Sierra Prohunter bullet for a cheaper hunting bullet.

Comment

• adrenaline junkie

None of the target bullets like the smk, cc, or even amax are designed for hunting. Their jackets are too thin. Stick with the hunting bullets like tge sst, ballistic tip, accubond, barnes etc for hunting. You can kill deer with those target bullets, you can also kill them with a .22...

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

People have had luck with target bullets on light skinned game if they keep the bullet out of heavy bone and you can get pretty nice hunting bullets often cheaper than he match bullets like the sierra game king though you will have to rezero the new 123 sst seems like it should have virtually the same performance as the amax
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

Match king is a great target bullet but it is not a hunting bullet, I like Sierra bullets but the BC is not great on their pro hunter better off with Hornady SST or Amax

Comment

• midwesthunter

shoot the 123 sst, or stick with the 129,

Comment

Working...
              X