• coastguardchas

Tejon Ranch piggie

I passed this boar up, too big.. One of the members was really hungry. Chas
    Attached Files
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by coastguardchas View Post
    I passed this boar up, too big.. One of the members was really hungry. Chas
    I've really got to figure out a way to go hunt that place! Thanks for the picture!

Comment

• Von Gruff
      Chieftain
      • Apr 2012

Mind you as big as he is, sitting a couple of yards behind an animal adds to the aparent size. Still, a good sized pig.
      http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
      Acts 4:10-12

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

chas- will that thing bbq- slow cook,=20 +hrs. = edible? How heavy was it? Damn., that's a unit! That there rifle looks like one I used to own, to whap deer at 15 yds. Wow ! Nice pic, keep shootin !

Comment

• coastguardchas

bwaites: To hunt, easy-go to hunttejon.com, sign up, pay a bundle, show up and hunt. pig-orama next wk end, 12-8 & 9.

von grr: shooter is 6'1'', 250 lbs, pig was 250 dressed at butcher. took 4 guys to get into pickup.

Sneaky: shot w/ 7mag @ 300yds. as for eating?? probaly a lot of sausage. I still have 2 tags left.. Chas
          Last edited by Guest; 12-06-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

nice porker
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

That's lots of sausage, congrats.

Comment

Nice hog. Not too big for a Grendel, but... its good to have a climbable tree around. The wound looks a little far back for a pig, the vitals are forward a bit... Still, NICE HOG. Those guys hunting out of helicopters sure don't seem as proud of their trophys as this hunter is..

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Ahhhh, Italian sausages, porketta- meatballs, meat sauce- potato sausage-blood sausage,,, droool,,,, nice job! Yes! I knew it was a 7mm- I miss mine a bit.. I have the recipes for these items. Awesome good pork food. Keep blastin !

Comment

I think you can eat everything but the "oink".

Comment

• StoneTower

Here is a pig from Tejon that I shot with a Grendel and a Barnes 100 TTSX in May of 2011.

Here is the pig I shot. It was a 2 1/2 day hunt at Tejon ranch in Southern California. It was shot on the final morning of the hunt and Jason (one of the guys I was hunting with) saw this hog and offered me the shot. He is a great guy. Jason takes great pictures. The gun and the pig look great, but the hunter looks like he

The ranch has been closed for some time due to a problem with the DFG and other state agencies. It seems they were killing more mountain lions than there permits allowed (many more).

It is a great place to hunt but you have to pay if you want to play.

Comment

• coastguardchas

Tejon has been open since 9-1-12, the lion fiasco was more bs than truth. right about pay to play. I have 2 tags left until the end of jan-13, plan to fill them. Chas

Comment

• StoneTower

If I owned a ranch like Tejon and had Elk that brought $15,000 per hunt and other expensive animals as well as cows I would probably kill a few lions too. Each kill the lion makes costs them money. Lions are a real problem here in California. I hope they start eating some of the pets that belong to liberals (a few liberals wouldn't hurt either). It is a fact is that Tejon were closed for over a year and were fined a bunch of money for killing more lions than they had permits for. Now that they are open again, the price has gone up. I hope to get back there in the spring.

Originally posted by coastguardchas View Post
                          Tejon has been open since 9-1-12, the lion fiasco was more bs than truth. right about pay to play. I have 2 tags left until the end of jan-13, plan to fill them. Chas

Comment

Working...
                          X