Ever wonder what the Grendel does to a fox's skull? (GRAPHIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wonder what the Grendel does to a fox's skull? (GRAPHIC)

Factory Hornady 123gr AMax at 150yds

That's the way to save the pelt, nice job.

Comment

• BjornF16
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

PigOps, did you bait him? I've got a gray fox lurking about that I'd like bag.
      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

That was certainly an eye opener. I bet it really blew his mind!!!LOL (couldn't help it!!!)
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Looks more like a third eye -- and I'd bet there's a fourth on the other side! (Couldn't help it either!!!)

Comment

Bjorn- Do you have any hand calls? Grey Foxes are very easy to call. This fox was after the landowner's fruit trees. But I just lip smacked at this one to keep him around. I use a red hunting light and it mesmerizes Grey's... you can pretty much walk right up to them.

Comment

• BjornF16
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

No, I don't have any. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd like to try this weekend. I saw him as I was leaving for work at 0400 the other day.

Comment

If you're seeing him just make a kissing noise on the back of your hand (try youtube for technique). That will typically work. The important thing is that white light will probably scare him away, so if that's all you have don't shine it directly on him.

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

Reckon I'll need to call him in...not sure how far he is ranging. We used to have a lot of cotton tails on our 2.5 acres, but don't see much of them anymore. I initially thought it was because my boy started going out with his bow at night, but then I started seeing occasional glimpses of a gray fox in the area, sometimes on my property. The other morning was the best view (in my headlights) I've had of him.

Comment

Greys are VERY curious.... Should be easy. You can buy a cottontail call for $8 or so.

Comment

Nice kill. Is his skull intact, or pretty fragmented and disjointed? What zero are you using, and what optic? Did you hold dead-on?

Comment

Fragmented and disjointed... not much left! I am using a 200yd zero with a Leupold VX1 (Waiting on my Vortex) and held down on his chest. I knew that it would be hitting an inch and a half high or so so I just compensated.

Comment

Working...
                        X