X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

The Sierra 120 grain Pro Hunter bullets I have are not bonded core but the Speer 120 grain Gold Dot has a bonded core. The 120 grain Pro Hunter does pretty well at the 6.5 Grendel velocities but has a lower BC coefficient compared to newer bullet designs.

Comment

• ErikS
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

I have shot two SC 100# does with SSTs this season, one bang flop and one went 60 feet. It is mostly about shot placement. The last few seasons I have heart shot deer trying to save meat but they will run and always will, no matter the bullet or cartridge. I switched back to a high shoulder shot and they are going right down, even with the tiny Grendel. Place any of the bullets you mentioned in the high shoulder and they will be down within sight of the shot.

Carpe Sus on YouTube (pretty sure he is a member here) shoots tons of hogs with SSTs, it seems to work well on them. He recovers some of the bullets and they seem to open well.
      Last edited by ErikS; 12-05-2021, 01:01 PM. Reason: Added info
      #shareyourspare

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

CBB, would you be willing to let us know on the forum when the 6.5 ammo comes back into stock?
        Thanks.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Old Bob
          Warrior
          • Oct 2019

Lots of Wolf 6.5 Grendel ammo can be found on Ammoseek. There's some Hornady Black 123gr. ELD-M available as well along with some 120gr Federal OTM at way too high prices.

I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• MISportsman
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2020

I had great results with using the Hornady black 123gr eldm on a good sized doe

Comment

• Rugerfan.64
              Warrior
              • May 2014

As bad as I hate to recommend Sierra 120 Prohunters , I've never had one fail to do the expected job. Daughter shot a nice doe at around 100 yds , pass through, found her about 150' away. I was able to acquire some Speer 120 gr Gold Dot or whatever they are called since Sierra has priced themselves out of my comfort zone.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

I'm looking for more 120 gold dots, pro hunters are ok but I use them in my creedmoor to get a bit more MV.
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• lazyengineer
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2019

Well heck, as a guy who just bought 800 123 SST's, here's hoping those get some rave reviews!
                  4x P100

Comment

Working...
                  X