• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

One hog down and another maybe

Finally ran across(literally) a couple hogs while cruising on the 4 wheeler just before dark this evening. Had to get the 4 wheeler stopped and shoot from a very uncomfortable/unstable position. (that gets the excuses out of the way) First shot, hog went down. Barely got a shot at the second one as it was going into heavy brush, but it sounded like a hit.(whop). Then the first hog started crawling off in the high weeds. I shot a couple times, and it turns out one round was a "Texas Heart Shot". The first hog was hit in the neck(throat) on the right side, and exited mid ship on the left side taking some "tissue" with it. There was white foam coming from the entrance wound on the throat. Hit a bit lower than desired, but I think I was lucky to hit him at all considering the situation. Bullet was 123 sst, last chrono was around 2550fps.
    I'm glad there is not a lot of them around doing damage, But, it's been so long since I shot one, I was starting to have withdrawal symtoms I can sleep better now
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gwtx; 08-07-2020, 03:20 AM. Reason: forgot sumpin
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

And he will not be bothering anybody anymore!
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Congrats on the hog .

Comment

Working...
      X