• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

6 More Boars

Ben and I went out again. Winds were up and we got busted by the only sounder. The Sahara sand storm made thermal look like crap. I fell in a 2 ft deep ravine on our stalk going after the first hog. That produced a limp. Then I fell in an 18" deep hole when we went to collect the second hog. Ben pulled me out. The limp got worse. Both falls were in a hay field where the traps were hidden by a tall growth of hay.

Twice we spotted hogs while we were doing photographs on hogs just killed. The last hog we went after was a loner, but by the time we got to him, he had a buddy. It was a great pattern of 1 leads to 2. Sort of hated to call it quits. Once the action starts on this property, it just doesn't seem to stop...

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Great vid as always bro.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Great video thanks for sharing .

Comment

• CJW
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

DNS,
        I have hit the ground so many times at night.

Keep up the good work, America needs good men like you.

Comment

• gwtx
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

Thanks for the video. Sorry for the falls. It's a different world out there at night. Even with thermal, there are things you can't see. Some of them I'd rather not know they are there if they leave me alone .My bicycle is out of service, and so I rigged up a "silencer" for the four wheeler, and have been riding it at night. The last few hogs I shot didn't pay any attention to it. I still get off and stalk to get into good shooting position. I'm kinda liking it. I'm getting too fragile to be doing much stumbling around out there. Especially in the thorns and bull nettle. Be careful, I don't want anything to prevent you making the videos and killin hogs. I really like the "team" hunting. I'll bet your wife is glad you aren't out there by yourself.
          When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Slips, trips, and falls are just part of night hunting out in nature. I think the worst are when you step into holes or ravines, but usually, it is nothing more than embarrassing and an inconvenience. Falling into briars and sticker burs is quite unpleasant, as I assume nettle and thorns would be, but otherwise, it isn't a big deal, usually. I don't know anybody that regularly hunts fields at night that hasn't fallen a few times, LOL.

As to team hunting, when you have a good partner, it can't be beat. More animals get spotted, hunted, and killed. There is less wear and tear on the individual and you have a partner there is something goes wrong. Usually what goes wrong is that I have lost my phone, but that is another story.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Goochylogic
              Warrior
              • Sep 2016

Comment

Working...
              X