• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Pot Belly Pig DEAD

Found a small sounder grazing through my pasture last night. They were moving about as fast as I could walk thru the weeds and brush. Barely got close enough for a shot before they got across the fence into dense brush and weeds. Most of the time the hogs in this particular pasture stay close to the brush line, so there's not much time to shoot at runners. I couldn't detect any wind, but I think they smelled me, although they didn't run, just ambled along grazing as they went. Shot an apparently pregnant sow first, and then "wasted" 5 rounds on the runners Made the trip back to the house to get my camera and when I got back to the pig, the camera didn't want to work. I got a couple pics, but you can't tell much from them. That's when I found out I was standing in a "red ant" bed. Those suckers are HOT. Went back this morning and didn't find any more than the one I found last night. Bullet entered left side just behind the shoulder, and a bit high. Must have got the spine cause she dropped and never moved again. Exit was straight across from the entrance wound, and it was 3/4 to 1 inch diameter. 123gr SST. "One is better than none"
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gwtx; 06-13-2020, 08:13 PM.
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

1 = success
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Good hunt I'd say .

Comment