• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

More Hogs and Coyotes

First hunt, not too bad, but had a fail to feed due to a corroded case that did not want to leave the magazine. Before the next hunt, I pulled all my other cartridges from the magazine and scrubbed them thoroughly with a copper mesh scour pad.

Second hunt, my newest property. Lots of hogs, but definitely trying to make sure that the landowner's cattle are not endangered or look to be endangered by my shots (long chat with landowner before gaining access to property).

And yes, I missed a perfectly stationary, giant hog on a shot for which there was no great rush.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 05-11-2020, 02:06 AM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Thanks for the video. I admire your ability to patiently wait for the best shot. I can hardly stand to watch'em tearing up my property. I usually take the biggest hog(sow if possible) as soon as it presents a "reasonable" shot. I've even done a few "Texas Heart Shots" So you missed one, no big deal. It's not easy to get steady after stalking several hundred yards, with adrenaline pumping. I appreciate your "work" and videos. Thanks again, Gary

P.S. I'm going out in about 30 minutes to see what I can find. I told my wife it's your fault
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• CJW
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Outstanding DNS!

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

DNS,

900yards through all the cow pats... My hat goes off to you Sir. At least you got something for all the boot cleaning.

Always enjoyable and appreciated videos.

Comment

• sundowner
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2017

Another great video , enjoy watching them .

Comment

Working...
          X