• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

3 Sows Down

I toured a new property last night, large with rolling hills and lots of cattle, but before hunting, the rancher and I caught a wayward bull that was in the wrong pasture and got him moved and then the storm hit and I headed to town and lower elevation. I really like the new property because you can see a lot from the tops of the hills, which is exactly where I didn't want to be during all the lightning, LOL.

LOTS of hogs in the area. I saw the one sounder on the property and two large sounders (one HUGE) on adjoining properties. Hogs don't care too much about fences and so I may have many targets to come.

Second property had 4 hogs, unseen cattle, and occluded views. I let a lot of hogs go. It wasn't my wish, but blasting away didn't seem prudent given the circumstances. I just wasn't feelin' it, as they say.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • CJW
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Great video DNS........

Comment

• Goochylogic
      Warrior
      • Sep 2016

Thanks for showing the video. Looks like you had a beautiful farm to hunt.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

DNS,

Interesting after that storm and lightning they just took it in their stride and were back to munching away..

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Yeah, nature seems to know when the danger passes and are back to doing what they do pretty darned quick.

Comment

• sundowner
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2017

Another great video DNS

Comment

• Jerikeaux
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2020

Wow, could you push one of those big sounders towards Louisiana? I'm running out of pigs here. Thanks again for making these videos.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Jerikeaux View Post
                Wow, could you push one of those big sounders towards Louisiana? I'm running out of pigs here. Thanks again for making these videos.
                Not No but heck No No No.

DNS great vid as always sir.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Jerikeaux View Post
                  I have seen some of y'all's hogs along I-20. I don't think you need any of our little Texas hogs.

Comment

• gwtx
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2019

Thanks for the video . It is much appreciated. Keep up the good work, you may not "save the planet", but you're keeping a lot of us folks entertained, and hopefully inspiring more to join in the fight. It may be a lost cause, but it sure is fun.
                    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2013

Wait, what? I am not saving the planet? That was the one good thing I had going for me. Well, crud.

Comment

• gwtx
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2019

You can't quit on me now. I'm addicted. I just got to thinking, I shot one hog and watched at least 12 piglets run off to grow up and produce no telling how many more. It's definitely an uphill battle, but ain't it fun Keep on Keeping on !
                        When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Jerikeaux
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                          I have seen some of y'all's hogs along I-20. I don't think you need any of our little Texas hogs.
                          Yeah, I've been to the Walmart in Bossier City, no hunting allowed

Comment

Working...
                          X