Speaking of Yotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Yotes

What is a good bullet that is available in factory loads for yotes and varmits? I have some Hornady 95 grains but I don't have my reloading rig set up yet.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

90 Speer TNT, Hornady 123 Amax, Barnes TTX, Nosler BT's. Heck for Coyotes they all work!

Comment

I like to use .22lr subsonic, because coyotes don't deserve any better!

I prefer to make it look like a gangland hit...

Sometimes Coyotes need to get whacked.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Great thanks. I will take a look at those others . I have a lot of the Hornady 123 grain A-max ammo. I just thought it might be overkill for Yotes. I haven't seen any varmint nades in 6.5. Do they make them?

Comment

The 95 VMAX tear the yotes up pretty good. 200 yds through ribcage leaves a good exit wound.

Comment

• Glockzilla

Originally posted by TemplarSC View Post
            .... I have a lot of the Hornady 123 grain A-max ammo. I just thought it might be overkill for Yotes....
            Nah, no such thing as overkill unless you wanna harvest the pelt, in which case I would use a 223 or 22-250

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Yotes are precisely why I built my Grendel. I raise goats and lately, the coyotes are running the creek bed on my property.
              They were raising Cain just a few hours ago right at dark. I need to get an elevated blind.

Comment

What is the deal with Coyotes? Why are they so hated? I live in Florida....and they aren't here.

Comment

• leopard6.5

QuadCam: I hate to be the one to tell you but yes they are in Florida. In fact I saw one last month in the Grant Florida area crossing Grant road.
                  They just have a lot of natural predators here and a lot of competition for food here with all the other dangerous animals( croc's, aligators, boars, snakes, panthers, bears, OH MY!).
                  They just aren't as populus as other animals.

The ranchers around us up north( North Dakota) hate them because they attack young cattle and carry diseases.
                  They also go after pheasant and quail so the hunters hate them also.

Of course the game wardens up north always kept telling us there were no mountain lions in North Dakota east of the Missouri river until a duck hunter shot and killed one in a cattail slough when he was duck hunting.
                  He was lucky his dog flushed the lion while he was set to fire and before he went into the slough farther.
                  I saw one crossing a highway in ND and the game wardens wouldn't believe it and then we found a track in a recently ploughed garden by our house before the hunter shot that one.

Unfortunately down here, almost everything lives that is introduced to the state because they don't have to survive the harsh winters they have up north.

Lee

Comment

They are very similar to your hog problem down south... (at least in the midwest...)

Comment

I live maybe 100 miles west of Grant Fla ( it Used to hav a great seafood festivle) . Any night your out in woods around here you can here the coyotes from 3 am till sunup.

Comment

• leopard6.5

hm2 clark: Yeah they still have the seafood festival every February and they just had their BBQ festival about two weeks ago. Yum to say the least.

There's a lot more wildlife around here than people realize because some areas are so dense you can't see anything through the brush.
                        They see the housing developments and think it's all civilized until someone loses a dog or worse.

Lee

Comment

IMG_0017.jpgtook this critter last weekend. he crossed a pipeline r/w about 120 yds from me. i was using an encore in 6.5 grendel w/ 123 gr AMAX.

Comment

• jwilson1985

hes good lookin,nice kill

Comment

As mr. Waites said, as long as you put the bullet where it belongs. You got yourself some fur.

Comment

Working...
                              X