• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

First coyote with ELD load

Finally got around to loading a few 123gr ELD's. I've been using 123 SST's with good success. (I've shot 16 hogs, and 3 or 4 coyotes since the first of the year with my sst loads , all but 4 hogs were recovered). The ELD's shoot about 1/2" lower at 60yds than the sst's, with same powder load. (may have something to do with the shaky old man shootin them) The sst's chronoed a little over 2500 fps, haven't checked the eld's yet. I expect they are very close to the same? I don't have video or pictures. I apparently was a bit low with the first shot at around 200yds cause he jumped straight up and took off. He zig zagged out to about 240yds and thought he was safe . He was quartering away when the round hit him behind the left front shoulder 4" below the top of his back, and exited through the left eye ball socket taking some skull material with it. He dropped and never moved again. There was blood coming from the right ear. Don't know if it was from the hydraulic shock or bullet fragmentation. Not a real good test of the bullet, but since I don't do "necro",(leave that to DNS) I'm just happy to see'em go down. I am really glad I found this forum and the 6.5 Grendel a year or so ago. Thanks to all who share their experience and knowledge on the site. Good huntin
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • Jkruger
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2019

Nice job Sir!!
    A dead yote is a good yote!!

Comment

• pacificpt
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2019

Coyote down, excellent job done.

Comment

• CJW
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Great write up gwtx, thanks for posting it.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Comment

• sundowner
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2017

You made him a good yote .

Comment

• Orchard6
              Bloodstained
              • May 2019

Raccoons do kill chickens! I caught 5 of them last spring with traps after they killed quite a few of my kids chickens! Keep the rifle handy coons or coyotes have no business around our place!
              Get yourself a call or two and give those coyotes some lead poisoning!

Comment

Working...
              X