My first shot takes a nice SC doe back in December.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first shot takes a nice SC doe back in December.

Literally the first shot I ever fired from my 6.5 SAOD 20" AR15. My son had sighted it in with my EOTech just the week previous to the hunt. Admittedly the distance was not much at 25 yards but it worked just fine shooting a 120 gr Wolf Gold soft point.

The rifle

Last edited by Guest; 01-21-2012, 01:52 AM.

good shot placement

Comment

That was the exit, the entry was high just behind the other shoulder. She managed about a 15 yard death run.

Comment

Thats what I mean. Good shot placment is any entry that passes through the heart/vital organs and exits through the far side sholder.

Comment

Congratulations, meat in the freezer.

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Congrats on the kill!
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Congratulations Parallax, and welcome from another newbie Carolinian!

Comment

SChunter, do you use that user name on SC hunting forums, I've seen it before. I used to be BillSCHunter on the old SCDNR forums.

Comment

Parallax - I'm SCSixgunner on the SC forum...SC hunter was taken. I hunt primarily with pistols, hence the user name.

Don't visit there too much however, and just joined here recently researching the Grendel prior to a purchase around Christmas. Found that the Grendel makes a great hog gun!

Comment

I'm a handgun hunter too and got another deer with my 41 magnum Contender this past season too. Glad to see you here and look foward to hearing more from you about your Grendel etc. I hope to lost some pics of mine here tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X