Breaking in the Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking in the Grendel

Got to break in the Grendel the other evening on this 230 lb sow - factory 123 gr AMax's did the trick...

I think I'm gonna like this gun...a whole bunch.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Nice!

Comment

Ya gota love it, that's nice.

Comment

nice hog, did you dig out the bullet and see how it did, where was the shot placement? was the hog DRT?

Comment

• PA_Allen
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Nice hog! Congrats!

- PA

Comment

Originally posted by elkbow View Post
            you dig out the bullet and see how it did, where was the shot placement? was the hog DRT?
            Thanks guys - elkbow, the bullet took her about 3 inches below the earhole and maybe an inch or two towards the rear. No complete penetration, but I did not go digging in the skull for the bullet. Zero movement other than her popping her tusks, twice. Done.

Comment

what did you do with it after? sausage? I shot a wild pig a couple years ago in cali, but it was much smaller!

Comment

Deezil - you got it! I pulled backstraps, hams and shoulders off her; loins will end up in the oven or on the grill, and the rest of the meat has been boned out and added to the balance taken off a 175lb boar from last week. Assembling some more bulk to turn into sausage at the processor!

Comment

jealous, wish we had hogs here to hunt, not enough in WA to shoot, what is here the dep. of fish and game are doing their best to destroy. cant wait to go get a few more antelope or something this year!!! Got a buddy in VA. may take my grendel there and shoot a bunch of deer this year!

Comment

Originally posted by SChunter View Post
                    Thanks guys - elkbow, the bullet took her about 3 inches below the earhole and maybe an inch or two towards the rear. No complete penetration, but I did not go digging in the skull for the bullet. Zero movement other than her popping her tusks, twice. Done.
                    yep, that is a DRT shot

Comment

Working...
                    X