Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrywick4

South Dakota coyote neets the Grendel

Before I take my barrel off to have it coated I tried my deer hunting spot for coyotes this morning. After about 1/2 of calling back and forth with couple coyottes one made the mistake of coming little too close, 291 yds. Hopefully the thing will shoot as good when I put the barrel back on.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2012, 09:05 PM.

Congratulations, nice shooting. I'm sure the accuracy will remain unchanged.
    Bob

Comment

• skyfish
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Nice shooting. Sometimes they toy with you all day, othertimes you get to take pictures.

Comment

• terrywick4

If I'd took my time I could have had a second one right after I shot this one. Two came in together and the split up around 400 yrds. One went off in my blind side so I lost track of the second. After I shot the one the other came trotting back to the first. I thought the first one just got back up and I hurried on the second shot and was just high. Then it took a hard turn towards the cattle so I couldn't shoot another shot at it. The cattle were over 3/4 mile away but no sense chancing it being the farmer lets us hunt where ever we want.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Congratulations on the nice kill!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• acelungger

Great job Terry!!
            You said you were taking the barrel off to be coated, what coating are you going to have done? It looks cold where you are and the coyote look like it had a good hide, is there any market for coyote's hides? Back in the 80's when fur hide's went to nothing is when I quit hunting them along with a lot of my hunting. Here in Kansas I think they should start rumbing about now and most the hides are no good.
            Great shooting.
            Greg

Comment

• terrywick4

I am having the barrel cerakote coated OD green. The upper and lower receivers are multicam coated, stock and grip are OD green, the forearm is black and OD green and the scope, mounts, gas block, butt stock tube and muzzle brake are black. I think it will look pretty good when it is all done up. I don't think the price on the coyotes are all that great, I've heard maybe 20-30 bucks. Not looking to make money at killing them just trying to help the pheasants out a little and have some fun doing it.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• usmc1371
                Warrior
                • Aug 2011

there are black grendels and green grendels but they are all grendels. good shooting.

Comment

Working...
                X