• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael-95037
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2019

Help for the unfortunate California hunters

For all of us unfortunate hunters who live & hunt in California, I just found this online. It allows us to keep all the evil parts of our favorite ARs legally in California. Apparently, you can buy them at Brownell's for $60. Info below is scraped from a website. They have online videos on Youtube too.

Why Use the Hellfighter or any Maglock for that Matter?

Many of California’s gun laws are silly to put it mildly, and if you are in the market to own an AR-15 style rifle be prepared to jump through a few hoops. At the time of this article, if you want to buy or build an AR style rifle it must be one of the following to be legal:

Registered as an assault weapon (not an option for new rifles)
    Be featureless (see complete article on Featureless Rifles)
    Possess a fixed or locked magazine while your upper and lower receivers are attached

The Juggernaut Tactical Hellfighter satisfies option 3 making your rifle California compliant.

Complete unoffical guide to the Juggernaut Tactical Hellfighter mod kit. Reviews, Tips, Installation, Clearing Jams and more!
    Last edited by Michael-95037; 05-21-2019, 08:08 PM.
  • Squid
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2018

I feel your pain as I'm currently stationed in California. However, I do see the light at the end of the tunnel as I will PCS (out of state) at the end of the year. My heartburn is this. To bring my AR rifles into the state, I had to get approval from the state DOJ. So I had to make my rifles featureless. This involved purchasing the Thordsen stocks that are around $150 each. Now, those stocks are named in the newest version of proposed legislation to outlaw. For California, eventually every product made available will be banned forcing people to register their AR rifles as "assault rifles" or risk being arrested for a felony. IMHO, out of control.

One of the many reasons I purchased a Troy PAR (Pump Action Rifle) and converted it to 6.5 Grendel.

I didn't see a section on Pump action 6.5 Grendels. Upon receiving orders to California I purchased a Troy Pump Action Rifle chambered in 300 BLK. I conducted a barrel and bolt swap to Type II Grendel. I also changed out some Magpul furniture, installed a Warne RAMP30 mount with Sightron S-Tac 3-16×42 scope. I cerakoted it in
    Last edited by Squid; 05-24-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• SightedIn
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

I gave up hunting in CA over 5 years ago. It has never been worth all the trouble and cost. Unless you want to pay $15k for a ranch canned hunt.
      I go out of state.
      I have been more successful in other states in the past 5 years than all 20 years in CA combined

Comment

• Squid
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2018

Originally posted by SightedIn View Post
        I gave up hunting in CA over 5 years ago. It has never been worth all the trouble and cost. Unless you want to pay $15k for a ranch canned hunt.
        I go out of state.
        I have been more successful in other states in the past 5 years than all 20 years in CA combined
        No doubt. I couldn't even manage a Deer tag in the SoCal lottery. I ended up harvesting all three Deer in Oklahoma this year. That is sad.

Comment

• Michael-95037
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2019

I'm looking at jumping ship too. Retiring in 6 years, then I'm off to Sedona, Arizona. Deer hunting in CA mostly sucks. However, the pig hunting is still pretty good.

Comment

• SightedIn
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Michael-95037 View Post
            I'm looking at jumping ship too. Retiring in 6 years, then I'm off to Sedona, Arizona. Deer hunting in CA mostly sucks. However, the pig hunting is still pretty good.
            Thats interesting. All my years in Ca i have never seen a pig nor ever heard of anyone taking one. Its a big state though. Heard a few hunting mags say theyre out there, somewhere...

Comment

• Michael-95037
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2019

I used to hunt them in Santa Clara county (Silicon Valley) 10 years ago, but with all the anti-gunners in this state, its getting tougher. I still see signs of pigs foraging around my house a few times a year. In one night they can destroy a homeowner's yard.

Comment

• nadofr8dog
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2018

1) check out the Kali Key, it makes an AR a single shot rifle by changing out the charging handle and replacing, or modifying, the BCG. Since it is now a single shot rifle, similar to a bolt action, none of the black rifle restrictions apply as I understand it. https://jlbillet.com/kalikey

2) members of the military should have written in their orders that they're allowed to transport personal weapons across state lines without any restrictions. You have no say about being transferred to CA so you shouldn't be penalized for owning a personal firearm that is legal in one state your stationed in but not in another! This is truly BS!!

Comment

Working...
                X