• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by HuntTXhogs View Post
    The Barnes 100 grain is one bullet not sure you can buy loaded Grendel with that pill, if you could it would be super pricey

Cavity Back Bullets offers all copper in a few weights, 105 and 118 grain I believe , no loaded ammo on the website

Lastly the 85 grain Maker TRex bullet is out there and they do have a link to buy loaded ammo, the owner is a cool dude - give him a call and he might tell you when he will put out more as it currently shows out of stock.
    I will second the Maker bullets. Turning out too be my fav.

And the owner is a straight up dude, real good too do business with. If someone wants grendel ammo from him, a phone call should do it. He has offered too cut me custom weight trex's before like a 90 and or 100 grain. He might load a box of ammo to sell if someone was too call in for it.

Comment

• Michael-95037
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2019

I'd take a box if the price was right. Do you think he'd be interested in a group buy set-up?

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Michael-95037 View Post
        I'd take a box if the price was right. Do you think he'd be interested in a group buy set-up?
        You’ll have to talk to BFT on setting up the group buy but I would think Maker would be up for it.

Comment

• Les
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

Nice wound cavity, no wonder it was lights out.
          Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

1FD04965-4E3C-4A04-98E3-6A8E6400FA9C.jpeg5B97A38C-8C9A-40BC-AA05-F2A218EB8F51.jpegBF95AD3A-9923-4296-BB02-6612E1DD536B.jpeg015FAD9F-0287-41BF-94B1-32464BEA8DE2.jpeg

Shot a 230 lb boar through the right shoulder at near 100 yards yesterday.

I believe he was slightly quartered away and the shot entered high on the shoulder breaking the scapula and then was deflected back to the interior of his body through the vitals and abdomen and coming to rest mid-body on the opposite side.

In a linear measurement aspect the penetration would be ~ 18” however if the bullet traveled as described above, including deflection the actual distance penetrated would be more about 25”.

The entire lead-alloy core was stripped away or sheared off the frontal section of the bullet.

All that remained was the Integral Partition and rear core or “bullet base” which retained almost 2/3 of the total weight of the projectile.

In my post shot necropsy I didn’t see any substantial muscular disruption (bloodshot) however the hog fell within 20 yards of being shot so it certainly stung him good.

I’ve killed 5 hogs so far and this is the first recovered bullet - it was also the largest of the 5 hogs.

I am impressed with the Nosler Partition and hope this helps others in weighing choices for
            Hunting medium to large game.
            Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 06-25-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Djgrendel
              Warrior
              • Feb 2016

Nosler partition.....still doing what it was designed to do before I was walking the land. Awesome
              Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• IescapedCali
                Warrior
                • Sep 2017

So, if you intended to eat that hog, there’s 33.33gr of delicious, nutritious lead scattered throughout? Looking at the wound channel and disruption of tissue in your original post, that’s a lot of bloodshot meat.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2014

Yep and not eating these

Comment

• kmon
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2015

Partition, one of my favorite bullets, and the one I reach for much of the time when I think there is a need for a tough bullet. John Nosler came up with a good one when he designed that bullet in the 1940's.

Comment

• rickt300
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2017

I just picked up 7 boxes of the 100 gr. Partitions to use in both my Grendel and my 260 Remington. In the Grendel I am just going to replace the bullet in the Wolf Steel ammo with it and take the somewhere under 2700 fps but in the 260 I am going to put the pedal to the metal and go for 3300 fps + out of my 24 inch barrel. Keep testing them and how about a wound video of a bone hit?

Comment

• rickt300
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2017

Well you escaped from Cali but it seems you can't take the Cali out of the kid.

Comment

• Tex74
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2018

Great vid and great Moscow match ammo.

Comment

Working...
                          X