• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrclif
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2019

Let the Grendel eat this eve.

Haven't had a grendel in probably 8 plus years but picked up a Minibolt Howa Grendel the other day in trade. I had shot the rifle, my buddy owned it and had it the range and it was a shooter so I didnt hesitate to trade. He gave me a box of hornady black 123's with it and I checked the reviews and decided to give em a try and see. The round didnt disappoint, light wind 175yds 4yo 8pt broadside behind shoulder lung shot. Pretty much turned inside to jelly ran maybe 5yds DRT. Glad more ammo is available now for such a fine caliber, when I had my AA ar15 platform grendel pretty much had to load all my ammo and feed lip issues with my mags but I really enjoy shooting this light weight bolt gun. Dont know how to post pics, the forum has changed some since I'd been here last and had to rerigister but still seems like abunch of good guys here.
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Welcome back.

Comment

• BCHunter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2018

Congradulations on the deer,...welcome home.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Congrats and welcome back! What was your previous handle?

We collaborated as a Forum and put together some Grendel Handbooks if you haven't seen them yet.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Mrclif
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          Congrats and welcome back! What was your previous handle?

We collaborated as a Forum and put together some Grendel Handbooks if you haven't seen them yet.

I think it was mrclif but honestly don't remember, I was trying to remember when I sold my AR grendel it was somewhere around when wolf released their factory loading for it.
          I'm enjoying this lightweight Howa other than the magazine release is cheesy and wasn't thought out well. I've been searching here and found where guys have modified mags and trimmed lever or replaced and I'm fixn to mod mag now.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mrclif View Post
            I think it was mrclif but honestly don't remember, I was trying to remember when I sold my AR grendel it was somewhere around when wolf released their factory loading for it.
            I'm enjoying this lightweight Howa other than the magazine release is cheesy and wasn't thought out well. I've been searching here and found where guys have modified mags and trimmed lever or replaced and I'm fixn to mod mag now.
            Don't forget there is also a aftermarket mag release and 2 suppliers of bottom metal for the howa now so you can get rid of the plastic.

Comment

Working...
            X