• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Speer TNT Headshot Boars, Nasty Exit Coyote

A decent night of hunting, part of which was with a couple dozen lady friends who followed me about on my first hunt and made inappropriate contact with me whenever I stopped and in particular when I was trying to get sighted for shooting. They were quite shocked when I started shooting, LOL.

First hunt was a problem. I had a close hog and a sounder in the distance. Do I shoot the close one as a sure thing and hope the others don't run or do I shoot a far hog and expect the close hog to be on the run, but an easier target because it is closer? I opted for the sure thing. I managed to hit two other hogs, one that left a significant blood trail, but both made it off property.

I left the gals behind for my second hunt and spotted a lone boar that I stalked out to shoot. I apparently overstalked as it decided to head my way and I had to drop it before I figured it was too close (about 50 yards). I keep thinking that if I had not been so close, maybe it would have come much farther in my direction and I would not have had to drag it out nearly so far, LOL. Anyway, while walking up to check on this downed hog, spied a coyote enter the property. A little lipsqueaking and was able to drop the coyote. All in all, not a terrible night.

Will be out again tonight with only of my landowner's son. Good kid. He has a lot of insights into several of the properties as he grew up ranching them.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Man that is so cool....
    I recently traveled to Houston and Galveston on vacation this summer and got hooked up with the free TX Hunt/ Fish license for Disabled Vets.
    I hope to go hunt hogs there one day.

I liked seeing your rifle and shooting setup too.
    Last edited by mdewitt71; 08-10-2018, 05:32 PM.
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• Randy99CL
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
      Man that is so cool....
      I recently traveled to Houston and Galveston on vacation this summer and got hooked up with the free TX Hunt/ Fish license for Disabled Vets.
      I hope to go hunt hogs there one day.
      Thanks! It's amazing the things we learn about here on the forums!

I qualify for that free license also! Now when I plan my hog hunting trip I'll take some time to do some bass fishing too!
      "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• fdbyrne78
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2017

I've been watching your videos for a while.

Do you think that the 123 SST would have been more effective on those last few running hogs? That's a serious question and not a critique. As a casual observer (that has hunted TX hogs) it seems like there have been a few more injured pigs that got away since you made the switch to the TNTs.

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
          Warrior
          • Feb 2017

OUTSTANDING video... great job.

Any chance you could PM information on how to make the kind of videos you make? As in what special equipment or software I'd need to edit and put together a video? If it's too complicated no sweat...

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

PM sent.
            Kill a hog. Save the planet.
            My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Redomen
              Warrior
              • Jun 2016

Very nice!