• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

2 Weeks After Oats Harvest, Hogs Still Coming to Eat

And HuntTXhogs and I managed to put 5 down!

A harvested oats field isn't going to last the rest of the summer, LOL. So we scouted a new area at the opposite end of the property by a tank (pond) with the idea that given our short scouting time available, it offered an attractive shooting situation because of the water (attracts animals), food (the newly added feeder), and the basin of the tank would make for a exceptionally safe shooting situation. Target animals would be down in the bowl of the tank. Oh, and there were recent hog tracks in the mud around the pool. The downside is that shooting opportunities would be short once the shooting starts.

Weather permitting, with a little luck next week, the first hogs will fall at the new location.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Les
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Keep em' coming guys.
    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Thanks for making the video DNS , wow we topped 50 pigs in the fields in about 6 weeks, that’s good stuff!

I’m certain we will encounter new sounders on the opposite side of the property. I recall hearing pig sounds out that way on a calm quiet night...

Get a big one next week - I have to sit out the next one

Comment

• zzrguy
        Bloodstained
        • May 2018

That alot of nacon.

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

Another good video. All of you may not be able to hunt for a while. Saw this morning of a tropical storm that is going to send 4+ inches of rain into TX.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
            Another good video. All of you may not be able to hunt for a while. Saw this morning of a tropical storm that is going to send 4+ inches of rain into TX.
            Lol that don't stop us down here from hunting, just makes it cooler for a few hours lol.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
              Warrior
              • Jan 2014

Most of that rain evaporated before it hits the ground, shows up on radar but not in rain gauges

Yesterday it was 1000 degrees here , not a typo

Comment

• 1Shot
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Where I deer hunt in East NC 4 inches of rain and you need a boat. Land has not decided if it is liquid or solid yet.

Comment

Working...
                X