• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

5 More Hogs from the Old Oats Field with HuntTXhogs

A week after they harvested the oats, we returned to the harvested the field and found hogs having a great time eating the leftover spoils. The last three times we have been out together, Ben has suggested not bringing the little stools I have to sit on between hunts...after not needing them on previous hunts. Well, we haven't needed them and last night we stayed on the move the entire night. We took one break to drink some water back at our rallying/observation point and could have sat for 3 or 4 minutes, but that was about it. It was go, go, go for several hours.

Here is the video. No necropsy shown. We did some necropsy work for both Speer TNT and his Sierra Pro handloads and I will see if I can get a follow-up video together of their performance and will post it here. This one just ran long, but there was a lot going on last night...

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • HuntTXhogs
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

It was a great hunt, I appreciate the invite!

Grendel continues to impress me in regards to lethality and soft recoil impulse.

The video you made clearly shows some fundamentally unsound technique in my application of Quality Assurance shot delivery - I could feel my mind grinding through the gears trying to squeeze the trigger but I was way late. Unfortunate because I had plenty of additional rounds in the magazine....

The stalks were quick and the times were good - we make a good team!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Good work and great vid as always.

Y'all be laying the pain to them hogs in texas.

Comment

• Les
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

Nice job, too much fun.
        Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• zzrguy
          Bloodstained
          • May 2018

Nice hunt how'd they taste. I shot a piglet in NC a few years back and it was tastey. I'd love to do another hog hunt some day.

Comment

Working...
          X