X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zapper
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2015

I really like your videos and reports as they're very informative and well made. I have to say, I've shot deer and hogs with the same 120gr Fusion from a 20" barrel and wasn't thrilled with the terminal performance. Pinpoint entry holes and massive internal muscle damage wiping out the opposite shoulder each time. No way of blood tracking just like you described here. By the reaction of the hog, it somehow looks like it was shot in the ham, no offense, it's hunting, hence the lost hog and no trail. My 110# doe went 30 yards straight down into a ravine and balled up so it wasn't hard to find, just looking around but no blood trail. The 60# sow and 120# boar both had the same entry and internal damage. Thankfully the hogs were in a trap so no tracking required and they basically dropped right there anyway so no tracking even if they were in the open. Shot right under and behind the ear but angled down and back to the opposite shoulder, no exit but never recovered any bullets from any animal. I'm switching back to the SST or even soft points to have thru and thru shots and blood trails if necessary. The Fusion's worked, just not my preference. Looking forward to more of your excellent videos. Be safe and have fun!

Comment

• rickt300
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

As for being trapped in a ditch with feral hogs I was trying to get to a favorite fishing hole and decided to use a ditch to get down to the water and as I got closer the ditch got deeper and wider. I made it just around the bend in it and I hear and see three big hogs get up out of the mud they were laying in and they faced my way. I was lightly armed with a 6 foot medium spinning rod and reel so I did just the right thing, I yelled as loud as I could GEEIT HYaaH! And they tore ass terrified. I however never used that ditch again to get to the falls.

Comment

Working...
      X