• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 81police
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

Tough 150lb Texas Boar (video)

Hunting the north bank of the Colorado River, a 150lb boar walked down a trail on the south bank and I took my first shot at 69 yards. Although the initial AA loaded 120 TSX double lunged him and passed through, it's obvious to see why a behind-the-shoulder shot on pigs isn't the best. He ran a total of 98 yards, with an astounding blood trail. Exit wound was impressive.

John 11:25-26
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Nicely done! At least you have some fairly open terrain to watch those guys run.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• 81police
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

I need to work on my Double-Naught-Running-Shot skills!

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Most of us do, especially me. However, if you can make that first shot count like you did, then it is just a matter of finding the hog, which was no problem where you were.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• 81police
          Warrior
          • Feb 2013

I also made the mistake of keeping the scope on 9x, whereas I should have been down to about 5 power (same magnification as the video), that would have helped out tremendously on the running shots. The boar took up a large field of view in the scope and it was hard to stay with him. Sorta like your Mag Dump Boar, haha

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
            Warrior
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by 81police View Post
            I also made the mistake of keeping the scope on 9x, whereas I should have been down to about 5 power (same magnification as the video), that would have helped out tremendously on the running shots. The boar took up a large field of view in the scope and it was hard to stay with him. Sorta like your Mag Dump Boar, haha
            HAHA my brother learned quick to leave the scope on minimum. we were yote hunting though and this yote was ballsy, ran up to the caller 10 yards from us and my brother couldnt see a thing at 17x. luckily i got the dog to stop on a hill at 100 and he put it down.

Man one day i want to do some pig hunting and do a whole boar roast under ground. Good shooting!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

nice vid sir.

I think everyone needs some practice on running shots myself included lol thats why I head shoot.

Comment

Working...
              X