• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keystone183
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

Fixed Stock Suggestions

Looking to put a fixed stock on my coming build. Not looking for a standard A2/A1 butt stock. I know of the two magpul selections, but not really sure about the PRS. What are some other good options? Looking mainly for lightweight, but with a good/decent cheek weld. Don't really like the ACE offerings. Any ideas?
  • Sojorboy
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Have you tried the Ace or just disregarded it off looks ? I have the PRS and the Ace. I bought the PRS first because I dint like the Ace, judging by looks. A friend of mine had an Ace and after a hands on experience with it I had to have 1.
    Mako has a lightweight fixed snipe stock but it's a little expensive. http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/ssr25.htm

Here are a few more options
    Last edited by Sojorboy; 01-10-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• kg4kpg
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2013

Check out my Ace in the thread I just posted, my favorite stock. They are light, plus just look cool, to me at least. I wish they could do it with a monopod but since they don't, I'm working on one to adapt to the stock myself.
      If you are an Iraq or Afghanistan veteran please visit this site, you've earned it.
      http://www.outwardbound.org/course-f...ran-adventures

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

With my 20" Lilja build I'm going with the ACE M4 Socom Stock
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• keystone183
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Honestly, i don't like the feel of it. Don't like the foam. Also don't like the lack of qd socket.

Comment

• Drifter
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

For most of us AR-15 nuts we have and take for granted the tons of cool adjustable stocks to choose from but there are the unfortunate few who live in certain states that have banned any adjustable / foldable stocks for Semi-Automatic Rifles.  Typically this means you have to use the retro looking A2 buttstock […]
            Drifter

Comment

I switched out the ARFX for a Magpul MOE fixed on my 6.5, its very light and accepts a QD socket (available at an additional cost) and also several different length butt pads so you can adjust the length of pull. So far I really like it. The cheek weld is good as the sides are not round but somewhat tapered for more contact. I'm experimenting around with adding a QD socket to the ARFX for my 308 as I like that stock as well. The PRS is a good stock but adds considerable weight.

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

+1 on what JohnOD says. My nephew and I just put together a lower with the Magpul Rifle stock. I like it. BCM has them in FDE and Foliage for $57 right now. Black is out of stock. Here's a review. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...d-rifle-stock/
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

This would be my choice if weight and/or budget is a consideration. Otherwise the Magpul PRS is a good.

Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

My next build is getting an ACE instead of the PRS, especially if kg4kgp gets a mono mount fabricated for them. Maybe a different cheek riser too.
                    Nothing against the PRS, I like mine. It is just heavy.

Comment

I like the PRS for long barreled rifles it helps balance out the gun. Good for a long range shooter. But i wouldnt want to carry it around all the time through the woods. Its an adjustable stock but i like the Magpul UBR its solid.

Comment

• Tedward
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
                        With my 20" Lilja build I'm going with the ACE M4 Socom Stock
                        http://www.midwayusa.com/product/715...aluminum-black
                        Got one last week, I'm a fan of all of the ACE Stocks, rock solid and light weight.

Comment

• Tedward
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                          This would be my choice if weight and/or budget is a consideration. Otherwise the Magpul PRS is a good.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod16910.aspx
                          Yup, that ones a good one too. I have 3 different ACE Stocks on all of my lowers.

Comment

• Tedward
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by kamrr4437 View Post
                            I like the PRS for long barreled rifles it helps balance out the gun. Good for a long range shooter. But i wouldnt want to carry it around all the time through the woods. Its an adjustable stock but i like the Magpul UBR its solid.
                            The PRS is what I'm pairing up with my 24" Grendel, whats a few more pounds, less to wiggle around.

Comment

• MikeGideon

I have PRS stocks on both of my Grendel AR's. But, they're heavy as stocks go. I have an RRA Operator A2 stock in the parts box. Really nice fixed stock....

Rock River Arms, Inc. offers a complete line of American made, custom built AR15 style rifles.

Comment

Working...
                              X