Tactical Ammunition bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Ammunition bolt

I got a call from TA saying that the bolts they had on back order are available for shipping. Should I buy it? I've read the feedback which was posted about the previous party being fragile and breakable. Any info about the newly available ones?
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

I've got one in my .264 LBC from last November, and it works very well. These are not AK bolts, or hogged out 5.56 bolts, and seem to be of good quality. I also have an LBC bolt in my spares pouch, but it hasn't yet been called to service. Just be sure to get the appropriate bolt. Type II (most common) is recessed @ .135". If you know how your barrel is headspaced, you should be able to place the order whenever you are ready.

I am not sure what feedback you are referring to, but as far as broken lugs go, just keep your reloads below max pressures and your bolt should out last the barrel. Those within the horde who are keeping track of such things indicate that the overwhelming majority of brokenbolt-itis is directly related to hot load syndrome.

If you're not comfortable with them (no reason I can think of) you also have the option of going with Les Baer. See below:
    Last edited by NugginFutz; 11-15-2013, 11:29 PM.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Tedward
      Banned
      • Feb 2013

They work fine as long as they ship them. Been using them in Beowulfs for some time. Yes I had to wait 3 months but that was due to them moving so they say...also all the tips and info NugginFutz said is a +1. Especially the load info, go max and possible issues. Sort of like if you REDLINE your car all the time it will fail sooner rather than later.

Comment

Aaaand...after taking my credit card information on Friday, they cancelled my order today. Can they tell their asses from the hole in the ground? Apparently no.

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

call LBC, why is this a question? If your trying to save $20, get a .556 or 22LR. Well the 22LR might cost you so go with the 556 if money is tight.

When you posted thsi a week ago I called and they said sure, assembling now, how do you want to pay. I told them my history with them and the lady said, ok by and hung up. They are taking money and using it to pay for there stock. Using our money to pay for there ordering. A$$ Backward Company. Look at there website on Face Book, they are part of Heller Enterprise. Whoooweee 50's something.... Shows there mentality.

Comment

Working...
          X