Stock options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock options?

Trying to decide between an ace skeleton stock and a magpul moe rifle stock. What would you choose?
  • Ridgerider

We have an 18 inch side charge Grendel with the Ace stock called the Hunter and it weighs 6.25 lbs and it looks good. So 1 vote for the Ace

Comment

I have a Moe Rifle stock, I like it, but its heavy, although It does help balance the rifle out.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

I haven't used either, but I've been interested in the ACE stocks. I would of used it on my current build if I hadn't bought a lower that already had a good stock. My next build will likely have their socom stock.

With the Ace you've got a small, lightweight stock that allows you to use a rifle buffer system.

I'm not comfortable using a collapsible stock were I can't lock it into the position I have it.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I've had both on my Grendel. The ACE is lighter and quieter from a hunting standpoint. The MOE will accept a rail on the bottom for a rear monopod and also an adapter socket for a side mounted swivel (both are an additional expense). The butt pad that comes with the MOE is hard plastic... no padding and kind of slick if you are propping the rifle up in the corner somewhere it tends to slide. I replaced mine with a thicker pad to increase LOP. I like em both and am currently running the MOE.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Here is another one I just found.
            Stag Arms has specialized in the development of AR15 rifles since it was first founded in 2003.

Kinda like this too!

Comment

• Tedward
              Banned
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 500 View Post
              Thanks for all the input. Here is another one I just found.
              Stag Arms has specialized in the development of AR15 rifles since it was first founded in 2003.

Kinda like this too!
              I wouldn't give Stag my money.

Go ACE..... Here is my latest Presentaion Grade Setup with a 16" Grendel Barrel, Seekins Lower and Meg Arms SBU. I plan to use this for my Lilja buy barrel set up. You can do so much with an ACE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
                I wouldn't give Stag my money.

Go ACE..... Here is my latest Presentaion Grade Setup with a 16" Grendel Barrel, Seekins Lower and Meg Arms SBU. I plan to use this for my Lilja buy barrel set up. You can do so much with an ACE.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]3912[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3913[/ATTACH]

WOW! That looks really good! That's about all the convincing I needed.

Comment

• Tedward
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2013

I got the idea from JP Rifles Presentation Grade. They want $599 for that option. I had to make jigs out of wood to hold the parts then milled the surfaces to remove the anodized finish. Not as easy as it looks but took it to 2000 grit wet sand paper. Then polish, it is like a mirror.

I also use the not so perty for my Beowulf and other Grendel but is also awesome. You have so many options with DuraCoat or Cerakote and aluminum I don't like using plastic.

Also notice the deep engraving "LOKI with image" I had done by my friend. I'm going to have the Grendel Logo on the top of the Forum put in the opening on this lower. Pictures to follow soon, we'll it might be around Christmas, depends on the money situation....
                  Last edited by Tedward; 09-28-2013, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Some more ACE pics...

My 6.5G on top and 458SOCOM below

The ARFX is really too light to balance out that 20" barrel & comp

Comment

• Tedward
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by JohnOD View Post

Add a JP Silent Capture for more weight, a few ounces, also makes it much more quiet.

They both looks nice too.

Also how do you get your pictures to post so big???
                      Last edited by Tedward; 09-28-2013, 03:13 AM. Reason: add question

Comment

I was wondering about balance. I am going with an 18" fluted medium heavy profile barrel. Not sure exactly what the weight of the barrel is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOD View Post

These rifles look really good too.

Comment

Working...
                          X