What kind of lower receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of lower receiver?

I get tired of switching uppers on my Colt receiver each time I go to the range. I would appreciate any suggestions regarding lowers.
    I have no desire to build one. My only real requirement is a good 2-stage trigger. Right now I have an A2 stock with a Geissele SSA-E. Do the adjustable(collapsible) stocks have the same length of pull? Are there any other factors I should be thinking about for mounting a 6.5G on it?
    Cost IS a factor. I would rather spend my funds on reloading supplies.

davidj,

If you look in the forum, there was recently mentioned a great deal on Palmetto State Armory lowers for $49. The collapsible stocks can be adjusted to have the same length of pull as an A2, or even longer, depending on what stock you get.

What parts do you have available to put together a lower right now? If you need a good 2-stage, you could use your current one on the Grendel and do a trigger job on your standard Colt trigger for your 5.56 set-up.

LRRPF52

Comment

Also contact Templar Consulting LLC.

Bob has Templar badged lowers and they are very nice, a good price as well as great quality.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        davidj,

What parts do you have available to put together a lower right now? If you need a good 2-stage, you could use your current one on the Grendel and do a trigger job on your standard Colt trigger for your 5.56 set-up.

LRRPF52
        Maybe I should have specified a complete lower. The current lower is a Bill Wylde build. I have had it for 25 years. Only problem I ever had with the gun was wearing out the set trigger in it. It has a Krieger barrel and still shoots 1/2 moa.
        I now have an AA 19 1/2 " Shilen upper. I figured a well built generic lower with a good trigger would do for the Grendel.

Comment

Originally posted by warped View Post
          Also contact Templar Consulting LLC.

Bob has Templar badged lowers and they are very nice, a good price as well as great quality.

Thanks I will check with him

Comment

Working...
          X