Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

I finally got a chance to shoot my build this weekend. Really just a function check, but I did fire a couple of groups. I am pleased to report that it is 100% functional with all three magazines (two ASC 17 rounders and one CPD 24 rounder). Ejection was about 3:30. About half the brass had a very small dent from the brass deflector (not big enough to worry about).

After sighting it in, I fired two 3 round groups at 100 yds using Hornady 123gr A-max. The first group measured 0.7". The second group sucked (about 1.5"), but I didn't feel very good about two of the shots. The range that I shot at had hanging cardboard backer targets that flapped in the wind. I had to try to time my shots as the target flapped down. I'm also getting used to the two-stage SSA-E trigger; my other precision rifles have extremely light (10 oz and 1.5 lb) single stage triggers. Since I'm sharing this lower with my 5.56 carbine, I needed to compromise on the trigger. The cheapy temporary scope didn't help either. The Viper HS-T will be a huge improvement!

Overall I am pleased. With so many unknown variables (barrel length, gas port diameter, ejector spring mod, etc), I'm thrill that it is 100% functional right off the bat. The first group shows the accuracy potential when I do my part. I'm really looking forward to mounting a real scope on it and stretching its leggs out.

Comment

• usmc1371
        Warrior
        • Aug 2011

nice looking stick frank. im doing my homework on a spr styled upper. looking for the right barrel know.

Comment

I am digging the PRI handguard. What is the weight on that thing? I am bouncing between the Seekins SP3R and the Lancer LCH, but yours just made itself a contender now that I see it actually mounted.
          Last edited by Guest; 11-17-2013, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by MrFrankZ View Post
            I am digging the PRI handguard. What is the weight on that thing? I am bouncing between the Seekings SP3R and the Lancer LCH, but yours just made itself a contender now that I see it actually mounted.
            There's a user on here that makes carbon fiber hand guards, if you're looking to go as light weight as possible.
            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• dmsims21
              Warrior
              • Nov 2012

Rock Hollow Tactical is the forum member that makes carbon fiber handguards.
              www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

Thanks cory and dmsims, I'll look them up.

Comment

Working...
                X