Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!

Holy cow, 12 months later finally got my order from AA!

Looks nice! Now go burn some powder. Congrats on the new arrival

Comment

Comment

I'm sure their products are great judging by the testimonials here on this forum but their track record for timely fulfillment (even before the panic)...not so much.

I ordered an upper from them and their CS treated me like I was asking them for money...had to cancel 'cause I couldn't take the wait.

Bill A, if you read this, please put a "backorder" button on your product pages on items which are not in stock. There is no bigger downer than being informed your order is on backorder only after you've completed the purchase. Your customers will appreciate the candor.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Grats! Looks worth the wait.

Comment

Happy days, let the game begin, now get out and shoot it. Enjoy

Comment

• Chukkar Chaser
              Unwashed
              • Jun 2013

I'm glad I didn't go that route, that's a heck of a wait. Looks like a sweet upper though. I do like those side chargers.

Comment

Comment

Well I am getting a dent from the brass coming back and hitting the charging handle. Do you think cutting a coil off the extractor spring will help? The brass is landing at about 2 o'clock, so I assume the brass is bouncing off the handle and going forward?

I guess I'm only worried about it because it a pretty sharp dent since the handle is square on the end and not rounded like a brass deflector.

Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Those are pretty typical. The snake bites on the neck are from the corners of the locking lugs in the barrel extension. I "fixed" mine by taking half a coil off the ejector spring and lightly polishing the corners of the locking lugs the brass was making contact with. I'm surprised you are getting dents in the body with a side charging upper. I got those dents with a standard upper but they went away when I switched to the same upper you have.
                    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Allen, Try the spring cutdown first.
                      If that doesn't finish the job get some thin-1/8 inch sticky back foam- or sticky backed Velcro= alcohol clean the charge handle area-cut a small piece-attach-shoot a few. If it's fixed=a cheap repair. Liquid tape would make a final solid repair. Diagnose -if in doubt, contact Bill A.

Is this factory ammo, or hot reloads?-?

Awesome rifle BTW-well worth the wait. What's the toy on the couch?

Comment

Okay, do I trim the spring for the ejector pin or the extractor claw? This is just factory Hornady 123 max rounds, which I made a point to get for just this purpose, R&D. I unscrewed the side charger and the brass hit me in the shoulder (cause I'm a lefty shooter), which confirms my theory. I defiantly don't want to put a piece of Velcro on the charging handle, it wouldn't bother me a bit on a standard upper, but the handle is more of a functional piece.

The rifle on the couch is my youth model Remington 700 in .243 that I had to steal a swivel stud off of to make the bipod work. I threw a coat of "camo" flat dark earth that you can get at Lowes on the .243 last year, just to be different.

Comment

Trim the ejector spring, it sounds like the extractor is doing its job. Trim 1 coil at the time until you get there.

Comment

Working...
                          X