Observations from the rear rank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from the rear rank.

When my grandniece began shooting, I was drawn back into the shooting sports by a proud grandfather seeking advice. While researching AR packages which were suitable for a future munchkin champion, I discovered Grendel. In December 2012, I ordered a AA upper and gas tube (delivered in February), a bolt (delivered today). My Kreiger barrel is due in July. Since I can't stand waiting, I order a bolt from Pacific Tool and Die and converted a short action Model 700 to Grendel with a Lilja barrel delivered immediately. I now have a functioning platform to test with. Since I am anal about when I want it I want it now, I haunted the Brownell's and Midway websites. Intermittently, parts would come available. I purchased a 16 in ARstoner barrel and bolt, but not wanting to hunt, I sold it to a friend. I purchased a 22 inch ARstoner barrel and bolt to go on my AA upper. I purchased two bolt carrier groups from Brownell's...they had 12 and when my friend called 15 minutes later someone has picked up the remaining for speculation, I presume. Shame on them!! And then, Midway had a complete AA 24 inch over watch upper which I purchased. It came in today. And then there was another. I did not hog it up...I left it for someone else. Midway has and continues to have magazines. As does Brownell's. So Mr. Moderator, I apologize for these ramblings. It is my intent to show that AA, Midway, Brownell's, etc are really trying to catch up with the current insanity. If you are patient, you will eventually have a bolt gun and two AR uppers to impoverish your self with. Any body know where I can find some primers?
  • babaganoush
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

Let me know as soon as you find any.
    "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      When my grandniece began shooting, I was drawn back into the shooting sports by a proud grandfather seeking advice. While researching AR packages which were suitable for a future munchkin champion, I discovered Grendel. ... converted a short action Model 700 to Grendel with a Lilja barrel ...
      ARs and a bolt gun!

The Grendel bolts are becoming more and more popular.

Keep us posted on how they work!

Cheers!

Comment

• babaganoush
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

And.. Thank you!
        "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• Dogue
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
          And.. Thank you!
          I wouldn't stock up at that price...those were going for half that price pre-panic.
          Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• babaganoush
            Warrior
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dogue View Post
            I wouldn't stock up at that price...those were going for half that price pre-panic.
            I wouldn't either, but its good to know where they are if the need becomes great.

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I had to chuckle JLB at your post as I feel like you have a lot of company. There is just something about the 6.5 Grendel that just sucks you in. I have two AR-15's chambered in 6.5 Grendel and have seriously thought about building a bolt action rifle in 6.5 Grendel. There is just something about the cartridges mild recoil, performance for hunting and long range target shooting capability that just puts a smile on your face.

Welcome aboard, it's a fun ride.

Comment

Working...
              X