Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill.brandonj

matched upper/lower?

I am thinking about swapping out my surplus ammo lower and the no name upper. Looking at Mega in nickel boron or the Sun Devil set. Curious what yall think about either of those AND.....I wonder if there is any benefit to be gained and or whether I could possibly lose accuracy by doing this I like the idea of them being a matched set though.
  • Gamecock84

I personally believe Mega and Seekins Precision are the best out there. You can't go wrong with either in billet. That being said it takes a lot to be able to swallow the nickel boron. It's really cool looking but would be counterproductive in a hunting gun. If its just for bench shooting then go for it.

I think as long as you do billet to billet or forged to forged it doesn't matter much about what brand is the upper and lowers. It does look nice to match them though.

Ryan

Comment

There is no reason to have matched upper and lower from an accuracy standpoint. I have really sloppy fitting upper to lower receivers that shoot sub .5 MOA. However, if you don't like rattling pieces a matched set is nice. I often glass bed my upper to lower if I plan to use them as a dedicated pair. But accuracy is unchanged.
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      X