• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keep The Change
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

JP Carriers?

How are the JP Carriers? I know their products are well loved. They offer the stainless carriers in full mass and low mass.

I would be running this in a 24" barrel, is the full mass carrier the better way to go?

Also, how do they get "100% more bearing surface area" on the carriers? I don't see where it is at, unless the track rails are a little wider.
    Thanks,
    KTC

The bearing surfaces of a carrier are in 4 locations and are the widest portions sectionally of the AR15 carrier. There are the only real places where the carrier contacts the Inner Diameter of the upper receiver, which needs to be hard coat anodized with a Type III process, then have a dry film lubricant applied to it if you're following the TDP that the military guns use.

I think JP just increased the surface area of those rails on the carrier.

Comment

• Keep The Change
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Looking at the JP carrier, I don't see any additional length on their rails, so I believe you are correct. They must have widened the rails on the carrier. But does a wider rail on the carrier make contact with a wider track in the upper. Basically is the track in the upper wide enough to accommodate or provide benefit to the carrier. I would imagine so or JP wouldn't be touting it. It's kind of tough to see the tracks inside the upper to get a measurement.

Comment

Working...
      X