Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XcountryRider

Sources for Grendel Barrels

I lucked out in February and got a barrel bolt combo from Midwayusa and just missed my second chance to get a second one. I was hoping you guys could post up all the different sources of Grendel barrels with bolt combo's. It would be nice to have all the various sources in a single thread.

We've covered it before. We have a Custom Google Search Engine as well:

That said, we have seen the industry favor towards complete uppers, as demand is such that actual manufacturers of barrels/bolts have zero reason to offer barrel/bolt combos, since other shops are just buying them at low price, slapping them into an upper, and charging up to 400% increase in retail price.

Midway & BHW have barrel/bolt combos. Most everyone else does complete uppers.

Comment

• XcountryRider

Thanks that requires someone to still weed through tons of links. Could we collaboratively build a list?

Comment

Manufacturers of complete uppers and/or complete rifles:

Alexander Arms
        Precision Firearms
        Templar
        JP Enterprises
        Colt Competition
        Les Baer
        AR Performance
        Christensen Arms
        SAOD
        J&T Distributing

Barrels/Bolts:

AA
        JP
        Templar
        AR Performance
        Black Hole Weaponry

Most of this is also covered in the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook. http://ar15buildbox.com/Home_Page.html

Comment

• XcountryRider

Of course Midwayusa. You have to signup for an email alerts and buy within minutes of gettting the email. Make sure you have the email going to your phone so you have a better chance of purchasing it. Model1sales also has barrels but its no telling how long it takes for them to back file your order. Also in the past model1sales.com has had a security issue with peoples credit card numbers.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
            Chieftain
            • May 2012

Satern if your patient
            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• 81police
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

I'm sure y'all know that the now defunct Loki Weapon Systems of Atoka, OK purchased barrels from McGowen Precision. My father's Loki will do 1" or less at 100 yards. An inquiry I made about their barrels is below...

We can do the contour & length and the cartridge (Grendel) but Loki did their own (or another vendor) finish or coatings. We do not offer any coatings. Your cost for a Fluted 18” AR barrel in 264 LBC would be $260.00 + shipping. Estimated turnaround is 12-14 weeks.

Dan Wynne

McGowen Precision Barrels Accuracy Got You Over A Barrel? We'll Straighten Things Out! Using state of the art equipment, and finely honed manufacturing techniques, McGowen Precision Barrels aims to make the highest quality barrels on the market. The manufacturing process continues to undergo changes and improvements in the pursuit
              John 11:25-26

Comment

Shilen offers match grade stainless 18" and 20" barrel/bolt combos.

Brux Barrels makes high end cut rifle grendel barrels but you have to send them a bolt for headspacing. Quoting a 24 week wait.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Are the JP enterprise barrels decent?

THanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grendel-Gene View Post
                    Are the JP enterprise barrels decent?

THanks!!!
                    They're well beyond decent.

Comment

On the subject of barrels, I have a 28" Krieger 9 twist coming soon; anyone know what they're chambers are cut for? Throat length compared to a magazine length round etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X