• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldPathBrad
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2024

AR Handguard Choice for my 24" Lilja

Hi guys,
    I need help with suggestions for what AR handguard to buy.
    I installed my new Lilja AR24-8 and as I thought may be the case, the gas block is just up against the Atlas one Aero Precision handguard on the bottom where the set screws are so I need at least a little more wiggle room to float the thicker barrel.
    The gas block is a Midwest Industries low profile gas block.
    I'd like it to be an M-loc 15" handguard, and I need a space toward the barrel nut end to mount an arca rail or a handguard that has one integrated at that location.
    Much appreciated! Lilja barrel - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by OldPathBrad; 08-02-2024, 05:47 PM.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

If you're planning on using an arca, have you considered the Catalysis Arms FastTrack Arca handguard?

Optics Planet claims to have them in stock and with 12% off the $220 price.
    Catalyst Arms Fast Track Arca Rail Precision Handguard | 5 Star Rating w/ Free Shipping (opticsplanet.com)
    Last edited by biodsl; 08-03-2024, 12:42 AM.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• OldPathBrad
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2024

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
      If you're planning on using an arca, have you considered the Catalysis Arms FastTrack Arca handguard?

Optics Planet claims to have them in stock and with 12% off the $220 price.
      Catalyst Arms Fast Track Arca Rail Precision Handguard | 5 Star Rating w/ Free Shipping (opticsplanet.com)
      Cool,
      I'll check it out.
      Thanks for chiming in!

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

I'm in the midst of a build with a Lilja AR24 6 arc and can attest that its not easy to fit a .936 agb under most rails. I ended up going with a Seekins SP3R Competition handguard (the triangular flat bottomed one which is tough to find!) and a Superlative set screw block will fit, but the clamp on won't. Your best bet for clearance would be to go with the Seekins MCRV2 which will fit most suppressors underneath and then add on the Seekins ARCA rail. Be careful around the gas block area with M-Lok screws underneath it, though.

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• OldPathBrad
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2024

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
          I'm in the midst of a build with a Lilja AR24 6 arc and can attest that its not easy to fit a .936 agb under most rails. I ended up going with a Seekins SP3R Competition handguard (the triangular flat bottomed one which is tough to find!) and a Superlative set screw block will fit, but the clamp on won't. Your best bet for clearance would be to go with the Seekins MCRV2 which will fit most suppressors underneath and then add on the Seekins ARCA rail. Be careful around the gas block area with M-Lok screws underneath it, though.
          Thanks StoneHendge, That looks pretty nice. You are right, it seems to be a backorder item for now.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

SLR Rifleworks makes a set of handguards that have a more slim profile, then open up for sleeved suppressor use and lots of clearance.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by OldPathBrad View Post

Thanks StoneHendge, That looks pretty nice. You are right, it seems to be a backorder item for now.
              Joe Bob looks to have both Seekins. https://www.joeboboutfitters.com

Joe Bob rocks. They don't charge me sales tax and fast free shipping and you can add a free t shirt to your cart if you spend over $150.

since the SP3R appears to be in stock, I'll add that I think its going to be a game changer for me for practical shooting off of barricades.and props

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
              X