Gas Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Block

What brand gas blocks do you guys prefer. Are the adjustable ones worth the extra money?
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

Clamp on blocks are preferred for accuracy there is not really a preferred brand that I am aware so long as it is in spec it will work that said some are preferred to others as far as adjustable blocks go they can be useful for tuning a ga system for maximum performance and accuracy for a given load

First figure out what sort of block you want; pop up sight, rail for sight, fixed sight, low profile (if your not putting a sigh on your barrel I prefer a low profile to keep mass down and I like to put my gas blocks under the float tube) if you like to tinker get an adjustable block from the get go if not get a standard
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Costa View Post
      What brand gas blocks do you guys prefer. Are the adjustable ones worth the extra money?
      Adjustable gas blocks are often advantageous with midlength gas systems, but usually unnecessary with rifle-length systems.
      Drifter

Comment

Another question on gas blocks. will the aluminum blocks hold up? Seems that's all that's available right now.

Comment

Working...
        X