Modifying 223 mags to work on the Grendel AR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendel-Gene

Modifying 223 mags to work on the Grendel AR?

I have a question: Since the dishonorable senatoret Diane Frankenfeinstein is talking about banning the sale of evil Hi-cap mags, I wonder if anyone here has experience adapting 223 mags to work on the Grendel ( I have quite a few of those and just a few of the Grendel mags - and yes, i have ordered a few more but i wanted to ask anyway)???

thanks!!!
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

The shoulder support rib is in the wrong place. Regular mags will work for as many as 10 rounds, but not after that, because they bulge.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Forgive. i am not sure i follow; is this rib is on the follower, on the lips or is it the indentation along the walls of the mag? I am just trying to be sure. Thanks

Comment

• Taylormade

The rib running down the length of the magazine supporting the shoulder of the case

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

The walls of the mag.

If you have a .223 mag, compare it with a Grendel mag, its pretty obvious where the issue lies.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Ok. will do. But its nice to know i can at least get 10 rounds in it!!! ha ha !

Comment

Originally posted by Grendel-Gene View Post
              Ok. will do. But its nice to know i can at least get 10 rounds in it!!! ha ha !
              Agreed! I have a metric ass ton of PMAG's.

Thanks bwaites!

Comment

Working...
              X