Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndyGrendel63

the anticipation is terrible, PF upper inbound

I got an e-mail from Mark at Precision Firearms the other day and a UPS notification that my custom built Grendel upper is on the way to me. Checked the tracking and it is in town as of Wednesday but because of the holiday it isn't going to be at my door until Monday! Oh the suspense.

When did you order? I placed my order for a Neptune1 on 10/17/12 and have yet to hear from them.

Comment

• Taylormade

Oh man that's the worst it's so close yet so far away, congrats though on your new baby.

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Originally posted by Taylormade View Post
        Oh man that's the worst it's so close yet so far away, congrats though on your new baby.
        yep, so close indeed. I tried calling the UPS dist. cntr but they are closed until Monday so no going to get my baby out of jail this weekend, just have to wait it out.

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Well it did finally make it today. I am going to take it out this weekend and see what it will do. Looks like it was built to my specifications this time so all is good that way. I was disappointed in the fact that they didn't ship it such that a signature was required and it was just sitting on the front porch for a few hours today. I would not have been happy if it had been snatched before I got home from work. I need to check the label but if it wasn't insured then if it walked off I would have been a very unhappy camper. I was hoping for a bit more professionalism from PF in dealing with this project.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
            Warrior
            • Apr 2011

We just cant seem to please everyone on shipping. We have folks that get upset about having to sign and they aren't home and so they don't get the package. Then I have folks that get upset because we don't have them sign. To date UPS has only lost one package and we have only had one case of a UPS stating they dropped and the package wasn't there. We ship 20-50 packages a day and only had 3 issues with UPS in 3 years.

But to correct the problem, we increased the price of all Uppers over the $1000 mark by $25 cover insurance and a option to sign for package for $6.00 more.

Stcode3: Please remember we have thousands of customers. I can't keep up with emails. Right now we are getting about 250 emails and 100 phone call a day! We cant get them all as fast as we would like.

We are moving our whole operations to a new Building with 6500 sf of work space plus warehousing. This gets us next to our machine shop too. We are going to be adding 2-3 more employees to help with phone and emails and shipping and receiving and probably another builder. This move will happen before end of year.
            "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

Hey Mark, it's good to hear you're growing your business, that's awesome. The best of luck to ya'll.

I'm hoping to have the money to order that Grendel upper we talked about, after the first of the year. Until then good luck with the move Sir.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Well I finally got a chance to try out the Lilja barreled PF upper today (on my AA lower) and OMG that is what the Grendel is all about! After sighting it in I shot a couple of one hole groups with Hornady factory stuff. I also shot some wolf 120MPT and it was almost as good as the hornady. I guess my original AA upper must have been a dud, never could get it to shoot like this one does. Very happy with the results. Now to compile the data and brass I have into loaded ammo.

Comment

• Y85
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2012

Congrats - nice shooting. Look forward to pics and data.

Comment

Working...
                  X