Not a Grendel, but it is certainly nice once again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Grendel, but it is certainly nice once again!

Model 100 Winchester in .308win.

It had many broken parts, the operating slide, Operating Slide Guide Assembly, the stock, the Magazine Lock, Gas Cylinder Sleeve, Gas Cylinder Plug, plus a few new additions such as a weaver rail, warne maxima rings and a trigger job.

The broken parts were going to be replaced with some from numrich, but they would have been just as bad as what was on it originally, so we made new ones from stainless.

The bbl was very lightly lapped and polished, stock repaired and camouflaged in coyote and colt gray, the bbl, trigger group housing, mag catch and receiver and scope FDE.

The scope got shadow lines on it in colt gray as well.

Now if I could only figure out what I did with the leather sling...

One of the best autoloaders for deer out there! Congrats

Hoot

Comment

It belongs to Carl, he is 73yrs old and it was his father in laws rifle as well.

I fixed it to show my gratitude for being able to hunt on his property all these years.

That is where I took that nice buck this year.

It had a recall many years ago, then was butchered later on by a lousy gunsmith.

They even broke the stock because they did not pull the bolt to the rear when removing the barreled action, some plumbing solder was used on the action bars not exactly safe to use, it was jamming and the mags would not fit right because they broke the ears off the mag lug.

Comment

Working...
      X