Help with buffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with buffers

I read in another post about the use of heavier buffers for use with the Grendel. My question is: How much heavier is the H2 and H3 buffer vs. the stock carbine length buffer? I'm shooting some stout loads and want to make sure the BCG isn't unlocking too early.

Thanks,

Tikka
  • leopard6.5

Tikka: The stock A2 rifle buffer weighs approx. 5.2-5.3 ounces so you would want to get as close to that as possible.

The H2 buffer weighs 4.6 ounces while the H3 buffer weighs 5.4 ounces.

As to whether you absolutely have to get one or not, you won't know until you find out you have a problem.

I just use the M16 Bolt Carrier and the H3 combination to eliminate having problems in that area and I think it helps the system from beating itself up over the life span of the rifle.

Good Luck.

Lee

PS- I answered this in your other post but thought I'd put it here also so you would definitely see it. Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Lee. I was able to add some weight to my buffer but not nearly enough. I was thinking about switching to an A2 style stock anyway.

Thanks again,

Tikka

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Tikka, the H2 -carbine style- ended up as about right for my Entry upper, and 6 pos. lower w/ the stock buffer spring, really smoothed the recoil impulse out. I've been pushing my GMx loads-hard, and all is well. Even some wimpy plinker loads function fine.

Comment

Working...
        X