Forum Fundraiser Build Started with PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Fundraiser Build Started with PICS

I'm finally on my way to getting this new build started. I had a complete Hunter upper on my Essential Arms lower for a while, added a JP/VTAC 12" forearm to it and figured for hunting it was a *little* on the heavy side. It also had no threaded muzzle, which was odd. I thought all Hunters had 9/16-24 threading. This one didn't. For bench shooting it was awesome.

I'd started looking to build a 16" model when the site reopened. And, thus, I was glad. Seeing 16" bead blasted barrels and bolts for $280 shipped and having it be a 6.5 Grendel Forum Fundraiser made it that much better.

I had a custom engraved port cover from Harford Engraving Services made similar to my avatar and put it on the now bare upper receiver.

The JP/VTAC forearm is nice becuase it's smooth but it is a bit on the heavy side as well. I know it's blasphemous but since the toprail ended short of the end of the forearm I shaved it off and refinished it. It resembles the Troy VTAC forearms now and it looks good imho. It will still be long enough to cover the midlength gas system completely. A .750 low profile gas block will be used on this.

I also picked up a F/A chrome bolt carrier on TOS.

The 9/16-24 threaded muzzle is also good since I can get YHM 762 suppressor mounts for this thread. I'm waiting on my dealer to pick up a couple of them, and in about 15 weeks they'll have the new YHM Ti 762 can (15oz) so I *might* be a little lighter in the pocketbook that weekend when they let me try one out--a friend is getting one.

I also have a new Brownells charging handle latch that is similar to Badger but textured and solid going onto this upper.

Moar pics when the barrel and bolt come in.

A couple of new photogs---range day will be Friday. Got a bunch of weapons to go shoot that day

Comment

Looks fantastic! I like the looks of that V-Tac on a 16" barrel. Very Nice!

Comment

Just put a new Troy VTAC on the upper half. The sold my 6.8 since ammo was to much $$$$ and didn't want to keep up with another set of reloading dies, powder, bullets, data...

Getting a new scope mount for the Leupold 4-12x40 as it deserves a better mount.

Also pictured is my 10.5" registered SBR in 7.62x39 with a VTAC 9 forearm....I see a trend developing....

Comment

Working...
        X