Just bought a .936" Satern Barrel Need Gas block and Handguard!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a .936" Satern Barrel Need Gas block and Handguard!!!

I just bought a 24" long .936" Satern Barrel and I now need to decide on a gas block and handguard. I was really wanting to use the Midwest industries SS Gen II handguard but i am worried that it may not fit over a .936" gas block i was thinking of using just the 12" long handguard but it would come really close if not hit the gas block any suggestions or anyone know of a gas block that is .936" and will fit under the Midwest industries handguard!!!! I got my LAR Ops-4 upper receiver ordered yesterday so these are the last 2 parts I need to complete my first AR-15 any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks, Dan
  • Lead Chucker

Congrats on the barrel, you will be pleased with it im sure! Lood at the JP Interprise adjustable gas blocks, they should work for you.

Comment

+1 on the JP Adjustable Gas Block, clamp-on type, .936". If you use a 12" handguard, it will not touch the gas block on a rifle-length gas system. If you want a little more clearance between the ID of the handguard and OD of the barrel, go with a standard diameter free float tube. The MI Gen II SS is very narrow, and probably meant more for a lightweight carbine build. Another thing you need to consider with the MI Gen II SS is the inner dia. clearance for your bipod mount, and sling mount, if you use one. You won't be fitting much between the barrel and ID of the tube.

I would consider the PRI Delta handguard, which is triangular shaped for riding bags on a 24" gun.

Comment

I have the 24" barrel with the JP LO pro adjustable gas block and the YANKEE HILL DIAMOND SERIES rifle length hand guard fits like a glove

Comment

I used the troy .936 on mine. Its a rifle length system. Cycles great and there really is no recoil. Smooth shooting gun.

Comment

I bought a Yankee Hill Machines .936" clamp on gas block and a 12" Midwest Industries Gen II handguard...Will it look funny with the gas block sticking out in front of the handguard????

Comment

• rasp65
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dwood1234 View Post
              I bought a Yankee Hill Machines .936" clamp on gas block and a 12" Midwest Industries Gen II handguard...Will it look funny with the gas block sticking out in front of the handguard????
              Woody To some it might but in reality it only has to please you. I have a YHM low profile clamp-on gas block on a 556 carbine and it sits under the mid-length handguard. The gas block has a nice clean design and I have to look through the little holes in the handguard to admire it. So having it outside would save considerable eyestrain.

Comment

I have a gas block under my handguard on my grendel. And in front of my midlength vltor handguard on my Beowulf i think it will look fine man. Like rasp says it has to please you. As long as your happy with the way you make the gun look thats all that matters right?

Comment

I like the PRI Gen III handguards. They are great if you don't need a lot of rail space on the bottom or sides.

Comment

Working...
                  X