X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soylent Green

"New Guy " needs barrel advice...

Hi all
    I have: Rock River Arms(RRA) complete lower w/match trigger, "operator" tele-stock,RRA flat top upper, Bushmaster bolt carrier.

I need: a good barrel in a "new-to-me" caliber 6.5 Grendel. I think I'm in the right place to get good advice.
    I am considering an Alexander Arms(AA) heavy 20",beadblasted,A2 flashider, and AA "heavy use"bolt. All for around $300.

Because AA invented this cartridge, I'm guessing they make a great barrel for it.
    Opinions?

Also, I'm open to idea's on float tube.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome, AA has a long waiting list on barrels. I canceled my order from them. You can try www.tacticalammunition.com that is where I bought mine last week 24" though. You can try Woody at Lothar Walter he is doing a run and will have them ready in 2 weeks your choice of .295 or .300 neck.

Comment

Howdy Soylent Green,
      I'm waiting on a barrel from AA right now. Like Diesel said, the wait is very long. It really matters what you want. I liked the idea of going to the company who created the cartridge, but since it has went thru SAAMI others can offer the specific chamber now also. Just be sure you're purchasing from a quality company n you'll be golden.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Alexander Arms, who ships quickly if they have what you want in stock.

Precision Firearms would be my next choice, along with Templar Custom.

Comment

There is a guy on here that has a 20" AA barrel for sale right now for only $210 or $225 its non fluted heavy barrel with ss finish. The barrel is listed in the 6.5 Grendel Buy, Sell, or Trade part of the forum. I was going to buy it but I really wanted a 24" and ended up coming across a 24" barrel from satern that i picked up this morning instead. Better hurry if you are interested im sure it wont be around for long!!!

Comment

• pinzgauer
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by DIESEL758 View Post
            You can try Woody at Lothar Walter he is doing a run and will have them ready in 2 weeks your choice of .295 or .300 neck.
            And then spend 2-3 months getting it to work while Woody blames Bill Alexander gave him wrong chamber dimensions???? (at least the 10th time through that mess, read the old posts in the forum)

I have no doubt Lothar Walther makes great barrels. I've reached the conclusion they just put Grendel owners through a hassle due to being pissed at their failed business relationship with AA. One or two chamber problems you could understand. But at what point do they update their notes, and start making them right? This has been dragging on 2-3 years now, they still don't have it right.

Comment

Working...
            X