Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobbesgunner

kinda forgot about it for a while....

I put the anxious waiting to the back of my mind for most of the summer ..(maybe it was the burst appendix and 8 days in the hospital back in May that did it )..it's 6 months now I've been waiting on AA for 1 pc to finish this build....is it just 24 inch barrels that are scarce?? I've heard of enough others getting shorter barrels in less time...I offered to take a 20" if it was available..hate to cancel after all this time but think if I find a pipe at Harrisburg this weekend I'm jumping on it....then again I should leave my order alone and Ebay or Gunbroker it when it finally shows...gettin impatient.
  • jawbone
    Warrior
    • Jan 2012

I'm kind of interested in how you managed to forget about it for a while. I'm several months into the painful AA Grendel upper wait. Yes, I understand the reasons for the tremendous backlogs. Regarless, months and months of waiting is brutal, particulary when one might be waiting for a bucket-list main shooter.

So if you got some relief from a burst appendix ... how do i go about getting one of those? Is creating a burst appendix a difficult thing to do? Or should I just hit my foot with a hammer to create a week-long distraction? Anything will help.

This kind of wait makes the childhood Christmas wait seem .., well, childish. However, this is the REAL deal for grownups, and it is for big stuff.

In the meantime, I will plan and design my future life with the brilliant Grendel. In spite of the apparent overwhelmed current manufacturers, I still embrace hope that I will get my AA upper with enough time to work up loads for paper, steel, and deer. I can only hope ... and throw salt over my left shoulder ... and knock on wood ... and spin three times under a full moon ... that Fate and Luck will, for once, shine on me, and I will get my very own Grendel!

It should make my wife happier.

One day. One day, my AA Grendel will get here, and I will experience some of those same feelings like those when I got my first Mattel Shootin Shell pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by jawbone View Post
      I'm kind of interested in how you managed to forget about it for a while. I'm several months into the painful AA Grendel upper wait. Yes, I understand the reasons for the tremendous backlogs. Regarless, months and months of waiting is brutal, particulary when one might be waiting for a bucket-list main shooter.

So if you got some relief from a burst appendix ... how do i go about getting one of those? Is creating a burst appendix a difficult thing to do? Or should I just hit my foot with a hammer to create a week-long distraction? Anything will help.

This kind of wait makes the childhood Christmas wait seem .., well, childish. However, this is the REAL deal for grownups, and it is for big stuff.

In the meantime, I will plan and design my future life with the brilliant Grendel. In spite of the apparent overwhelmed current manufacturers, I still embrace hope that I will get my AA upper with enough time to work up loads for paper, steel, and deer. I can only hope ... and throw salt over my left shoulder ... and knock on wood ... and spin three times under a full moon ... that Fate and Luck will, for once, shine on me, and I will get my very own Grendel!

It should make my wife happier.

One day. One day, my AA Grendel will get here, and I will experience some of those same feelings like those when I got my first Mattel Shootin Shell pistol.
      You could try slamming your "junk" in a car door,,,,, that should clear your mind for a few weeks!!!

Comment

• jawbone
        Warrior
        • Jan 2012

Hey, it's working! Thanks, Bugboy!

Comment

Originally posted by hobbesgunner View Post
          I put the anxious waiting to the back of my mind for most of the summer ..(maybe it was the burst appendix and 8 days in the hospital back in May that did it )..it's 6 months now I've been waiting on AA for 1 pc to finish this build....is it just 24 inch barrels that are scarce?? I've heard of enough others getting shorter barrels in less time...I offered to take a 20" if it was available..hate to cancel after all this time but think if I find a pipe at Harrisburg this weekend I'm jumping on it....then again I should leave my order alone and Ebay or Gunbroker it when it finally shows...gettin impatient.
          I was in the same boat and I couldn't wait. I had a 20" upper on order when I saw an 18" E.R. Shaw/AR Stoner barrel in stock and midway and couldn't resist. Learned a lot about building an AR upper but the AA complete upper would have been cheaper, my time not included.

Comment

• hobbesgunner

Mark H had some beautiful uppers at gun show...none in OD green....I slobbered over them for a while but kept my impulses at bay...did buy a PRI brake and box of Lapuas from him though... if u add Sepsis ( blood poisoning ) to appendicitis it really helps to cloud and clutter the mind....

Comment

You should definatly cancel, then I would one more closer to the top of the list.

Comment

Working...
              X