Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kissmy300blkbrass

critique my parts list

I've put together my build list about to start gathering parts critique my build list and let me know what you'd change thanks! Now keep in mind I will be using my suppressor on this rifle at times.
    LAR Grizzly billet side charge upper
    Quentin Defense billet lower
    Seekins Precision SP3R 15" hand guard
    Satern or Lothar 18"-20"barrel
    Magpul PRS Stock and monopod
    Vltor MODPOD bipods or Atlas Bipods
    Wilson Combat Trigger (single stage, two stage, or 3 gun?)
    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2012, 01:37 PM.

Depends what you're using it for. That's the most important information.

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

Basically an all purpose rifle from the range punching paper to picking off hogs, deer and coyotes

Comment

• BjornF16
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

As long as you don't plan on "stalking", the the PRS stock is great. If you plan on stalking much, then I'd go with a lighter stock (or have a secondary stock that is much lighter for those stalk occasions). I have one and love it, but when Grendel goes to CO for elk hunting, she sports a lightweight stock.

What barrel profile will you have? With 18" barrel, the billet upper/lower just adds weight (again, with an eye on stalking). Any Mil-spec upper/lower should be fine for a 20" stick and shorter. Heck, there are folks using "plastic" lowers without any problems.

Triggers are a funny thing...I personally like 2 stage triggers (I hate my R700 single stage trigger) and have Geissele on all my AR15s.

Satern are great barrels. I have a Satern Spartan 18" (fluted) which weighs about 2 lbs. It shoots better than I can.

What gas block will you run?

Just remember: Opinions are like 4ssholes; everyone has one but some smell worse than others. (Get what YOU like to suit your purposes and style...)
        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

I haven't thought about the barrel profile and gas block what is recommended? My stalking gun is a suppressed sbr 300 BLK running a 6" barrel good out to about 300 yards. With the suppressor attached it comes out past the hand guard by a 1/2"
          Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

What range is the gun for? Realistically now.

And you really think a 6" .300 BLK with a T1 will allow you to hunt decently at 300 yards? About 1800 fps from the start of velocity, I'm not quite sure how much bullet drop there, but it seems more than a little. If you can do it, awesome! I'm curious about what terminal effects you'll see, if you could post pictures of it.

Also, would you post pictures of just the barrel, possibly measurements of how far back the gas block is? I'm interested to know if you can fit an Ops Inc can on there... they JUST came out with a shorty .300 suppressor which would be GREAT on a little .300 BLK (it's not even on the website yet, just heard from them in an email).
            Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

I'm only using this rifle for 0-100 yards but according to satern and houston armory running super sonic rounds around 300 yards with a scope is doable.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

The new ops Inc 300 BLK suppressor is built around this 6" barrel ops Inc partnered up with houston armory my 6" barrel is from houston armory but made by satern machine. I'm on there list for a ops Inc can but couldn't resist the urge to wait so I went with a innovative arms deception.

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

What 6.5 magazine is recommended?

Comment

Awesome. I've been watching Houston Armory for it to show up, but it's not showing they sell anything by Ops Inc. So maybe they're a bit behind on the electronic end...

The official mags aren't the best from what I understand, but I've heard the PRI 6.8 mags work very well for the 6.5 and allow a longer OAL.

That deception suppressor is pretty long. Ops Inc said they did their reflex mount and made it as short as possible, IIRC. I'm curious to see the specs on it.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

The innovative arms deception is 7.5" there's also a new suppressed armament systems titanium reaper 7" its made for the 300 BLK but will handle 300 winmag.

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

I'm friends with Cris over at houston armory I'll ask him for the specs

Comment

Awesome. This is the email I got from them:
                            Hi - -,
                            We just came out with a Blackout suppressor, it's just not up on the website yet. It shares the same mount as our short suppressors and is compatible with anything 300 win mag down. They are available through any dealer but our primary distributor is Houston Armory. There is no way to make it as short as an M4-S or even the M4-M, and believe me we tried. It's extremely difficult to put a 30 cal bullet through a super short can and get signifigant sound suppression. If you need any more information jsut let me know and I'll do what I can.
                            Daniel

Comment

• kissmy300blkbrass

I think you can use the ops inc 300 BLK can with the 6" barrel I'll ask and double check but advance armament has the new mini7 can

Comment

Working...
                              X