• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyfish
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Tightening upper/lower fit

What's the "best" way of doing this? I've seen the wedge, its inexpensive and probably works. Are pins a better way of fixing this? My upper/ lower fit just seems a bit too loose to me.

My Mega lower has an adjusting screw built in to tighten up the upper/lower slop

Comment

Try an accuwedge or even an old foam ear plug. You could go as far as to sand the mating surfaces lightly to clean up the high spots. I wouldn't suggest doing it though I've heard of people doing this with success. Just curious what brand upper and lower??

Comment

• terrywick4

I've heard that an O-Ring on the back works pretty good. Your local auto parts store will have different thickness orings.

Comment

This is a question that come up often, and I can see why. Nobody likes a sloppy fit, it is distracting, and a focus for lack of accuracy. However, it is irrelevant to accuracy, accuwedge, bedding, screw tightening o-rings, ear plugs, or cam pins all tighten the fit but do nothing to improve accuracy. It is hard to accept but a well built but sloppy fitting upper will outshoot a tight fitting upper with a less than best barrel.
          If you really want to find out, I have a JP Tension pin. It sells for $35 + shipping. I will sell you one for $25 shipped to you in the lower 48. Let me know if you are interested by PM.
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
            This is a question that come up often, and I can see why. Nobody likes a sloppy fit, it is distracting, and a focus for lack of accuracy. However, it is irrelevant to accuracy, accuwedge, bedding, screw tightening o-rings, ear plugs, or cam pins all tighten the fit but do nothing to improve accuracy. It is hard to accept but a well built but sloppy fitting upper will outshoot a tight fitting upper with a less than best barrel.
            If you really want to find out, I have a JP Tension pin. It sells for $35 + shipping. I will sell you one for $25 shipped to you in the lower 48. Let me know if you are interested by PM.
            Bob
            Bingo!

Comment

• skyfish
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

Thanks for the replies, good to know. Must be more of head thing, thank you Stokes for offer. But if its not going to help guess I don't need that.

Comment

Working...
              X