Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingNothing

Help a new guy out...

So, I just started thinking about building a Grendel, and I wonder if my ideas are any good.

I have a 5.56 built on a Anvil Arms lower, using an M&A parts upper with a 20" SS barrel. If I wanted to convert this to a 6.5, could I use the upper, handguard, lower, and just replace the barrel, bolt carrier group and magazine, or is this not possible?

I hope the experts in here will give me some good advice.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Howdy & welcome!

You only need to replace the barrel, bolt (not carrier) and magazine. Everything else will work.

What part of Texas are you in? Us Texans are taking over this site.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
      You only need to replace the barrel, bolt (not carrier) and magazine. Everything else will work.
      +1, and welcome!

Comment

• KingNothing

Whoop! that's great news! And the fact that it comes from an Aggie and a resident of the "Dead Center of Accuracy" makes it even better!

EDT: I am in N TX, Argyle to be specific
        Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Gig 'Em! I live in enemy territory but it has it's advantages sometime. LaRue has done a lot for the local shooting community. It's probably a good thing they don't have a store at their facility- I live about 10 miles away.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Drifter
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

LaRue... It's probably a good thing they don't have a store at their facility- I live about 10 miles away.
            Never realized that about LaRue. I always assumed the opposite. (And I understand your point about it probably being a good thing since you're local. And if you're married, bet the wife would agree too.)
            Drifter

Comment

Working...
            X