JP Supermatch barrels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP Supermatch barrels!

Called JP this morning to insure my barrel had shipped and they informed me that they have JP super match barrels in stock...Just so everyone knows. Maybe Satern and krieger can lower their prices now

After reading JP's web page it did not sound like they would sell just a Grendel barrel and only wanted to sell the upper or full rifle to to the performance of the round. So they sold you just the barrel? How much?

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

The just recently started selling barrels only.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LS1WS6 View Post
        After reading JP's web page it did not sound like they would sell just a Grendel barrel and only wanted to sell the upper or full rifle to to the performance of the round. So they sold you just the barrel? How much?
        So after my instantaneous dis-assembly of my upper i ordered the JP supermatch 22" 1:8 barrel bolt kit. its on the way and was wondering if anyone has ever used or currently has one. i am excited to say the least but for the price im hoping i made the right choice instead of the Satern
        Drifter

Comment

• rasp65
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rcvisket View Post
          Called JP this morning to insure my barrel had shipped and they informed me that they have JP super match barrels in stock...Just so everyone knows. Maybe Satern and krieger can lower their prices now
          JP sells their barrels for $799 Satern sells theirs for $568 Fluted. Kreiger is $340 + $100 for chambering and crowning. How does JP selling their barrels for more compel the others to reduce their prices?

Comment

The barrel kit is 800 no lie. but the barrel/bolt is 6. and to be honest i already have my comp and my jp adj gas system already so i didnt need the barrel. The more competition the better

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I copied this from JP's site.

JPSM6.5G-22M8

Manufactured to our exacting specifications and used in all of our rifles, JP Supermatch™ barrels are turned from 416 stainless steel, lead lapped, air-gauged and cryogenically treated for cold bore shot predictability, minimum thermal drift, outstanding accuracy and extended barrel life. All barrels also include a bolt individually head-spaced to the barrel for flawless fit and function.

Chamber: 6.5 Grendel
              Length: 22"
              Twist: 1:8 button rifled
              Contour: .650 under handguard/.875 in front of gas block
              Diameter at gas block: .936
              Muzzle threads: 5/8-24tpi
              Crown: 11 degree
              Material: 416 Stainless
              Add $50.00 for Black Teflon finish
              Their barrel & bolt combo is $550. The $800 option adds the following.

JPSM6.5G-22M8K
              6.5 Grendel chamber medium contour barrel kit, 22" length.
              Includes a fitted JP Enhanced Bolt™, choice of compensator and adjustable gas system. For more complete barrel specifications, see barrel only offerings.
              Add $50.00 for Black Teflon finish
              Just the barrel is pretty much the same price as the Satern. They both have features that give the purchaser a choice between cut and hand lapped rifling vs. button rifling & cryo treating, etc.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
              X