Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MedicMan218

E-mails from Satern

My recent conversation with Kim Hageman from Satern.

Me

I'm not sure what all I want since this is my first build but I know I have settled on 6.5 Grendel(not .264LBC).
    I think I would like it to be 18", chrome lined and have some decorative yet functional fluting.
    I would like it to be as much of a show piece as it would be a deadly accurate barrel for putting meat in the freezer.

Also, what would be the lead time on something like this?

Please be patient with me since I'm learning as I go.

-MM218

Kim

MM218,
    I apologize that it has taken so long to get back to you! We are starting to do the 6.5 Grendels again, but we do not have the tooling as of yet. When we do get the tooling in the wait time is around 14 to 16 weeks.* We do all barrels in stainless steel, unless you request chrome moly. We do not chrome line our barrels. The fluting that we do is straight fluting and sort of on the deeper side than most. The price on a fluted 6.5 Grendel(bolt included) is $568.00 and the price of a non fluted 6.5 Grendel (bolt included) is $443. Let me know if you have any more questions that I can help you with! Thanks.

Me

That's excellent news!
    Only other question I have is when do you expect to have all the tooling in to begin the Grendels?

-MM218

Kim

MM218,
    We are hoping to have the tooling within the next couple of weeks.

I don't know about y'all but I'm pretty excited about this news
  • MedicMan218

Also, sorry if this is common knowledge already. I just wasn't aware of it and thought I'd share.

Comment

I love Saterns barrels. They are good people over there. They have always been very nice to me. Great people.

Keith

Comment

Good to see them getting back in the true 6.5 Grendel barrel business. I'm sure we'll start to see more offerings from other manufacturers in the near future.

Comment

Does anyone know if Satern insists on 9/16" muzzle threading or will they do 1/2" or 5/8"?

Comment

• MedicMan218

Shoe of a reply on here there's only one way to find out. Shoot em an e-mail.

Comment

I think they will give you what you ask for, don't quote me though.

Comment

Satern will build your barrel anyway you want it. Whatever profile, fluting style, length or threading. You just have to tell them what you want.

Keith

Comment

I got a Satern barrel from Midway when they were in the process of stopping and going with Les Baer. Well apparently they are back again - I guess due to the fact that the 6.5 Grendel is a Saami round now. Excellent news. Oh and the bolt that came with the barrel had problems so I got in touch with Satern and the very nice lady (the wife?) said that a batch of bolts were bad and they had gone through the process of calling them in and informing people but a few of them went out with the Midway order. They asked me to send it back to them and they replaced it with a brand new one!

Comment

Working...
                  X