trueing upper receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trueing upper receiver

What is the hordes opinion about getting a brownel trueing tool?
    was thinking about pulling my LW barrel and resetting it...
    shooting for group can make a guy nuts and flyers just make me insane when all of them go
    to the same areas ...please tell me what you think.

I've seen flyers with LW barrels before, and it is quite frustrating. This reputation was related to me from guys who shoot a lot of long-range, and these types of issues seemed to be known about in BR circles with the 6mm and 6.5mm bores for some reason. I've seen one particular 6mm LW pipe that would shoot amazingly tight groups, then throw one way the heck out of the cluster.

I doubt it's your receiver. There's a thread on receiver-truing already, with the Brownell's tool and others referenced and discussed.

I have started collecting parts and tools to build my first Ar-15 I have been reading alot of tutorials. There has been mention of lapping the face of the upper receiver for square contact between the barrel and reciever. Brownells caries a lapping tool for this purpose. My question is how necessary is it? I want to get all the

Comment

Thanks for the link L52.
      What you say sounds like my rifle...
      Sometimes 5 under 1/2 moa sometimes 3 or 4 then
      Flyers usually to the right...
      I also have a one piece scope mount with a 20 min cant but
      Only realize 15 min....

Comment

Due to the floating boltface, In theory an AR shouldnt need and trueing unless it is way off.

Comment

Working...
        X