18" Wilson Combat Barrel
    Matched Wilson Combat upper/lower
    Odin Works low profile AGB
    Larue MBT Trigger
    MWI 12.6" Handguard
    Wilson Combat BCG
    SOPMOD Bravo Stock
    Gieselle Super 42 Spring/Buffer

I had fun picking the parts even if I basically ended up with a pretty expensive Wilson Combat AR! It's sweet though!

So next steps will be to shoot it. I've seen several function tests for ARs online and I've run through most of them. What else do I need to do before I actually let one fly? I'm a bit nervous to be honest, but it all come together easily and seems to function like my other ARs. I see mixed respnoses to whether or not I need to check headspace, but I have confirmed that my WC bolt is a type 2, and confirmed on the web site that the WC barrel has a .136 bolt face. Any input would be appreciated.

Next, what should I expect at the range? For the AGB I plan to do what Odin works says: "With your hex wrench, close the adjustment screw (#3) all the way until it stops. Do not force anything. Once it is closed, open it to the left 3 clicks. Load one round into a magazine and fire the round with the empty magazine still inserted, open it one more click and repeat until it locks back on an empty magazine."

Any other thoughts either on the build or "pre-first shot" procedures?

I'm stoked and terrified at the same time!

Thanks!
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Break the action in. Lube everything soaking wet and hand cycle the action 200 times, then clean all the lube out, give everything a light coat of lube and go shoot.

Onions gas block adjustment is how you should do it. But I will add once you have it locking back on empty mag after fireing 1 round. Try it with several rounds before calling it set.

Comment

• kriendj
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2020

"Everything" I guess is BCG, charging handel, and barrel? I put a thin coat of CLP on BCG. I also lubed buffer spring before I put it in per Giesselle instructions.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by kriendj View Post
        "Everything" I guess is BCG, charging handel, and barrel? I put a thin coat of CLP on BCG. I also lubed buffer spring before I put it in per Giesselle instructions.
        Yep "every thing" soaking wet with clp and hand cycle it. I normally do 200 sometimes more.

Just helps to smooth out the insides and make it run smoother from the start.

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

I might have missed it but you might want to put some sites or an optic on it.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by kriendj View Post
            Any other thoughts either on the build or "pre-first shot" procedures?
            Congrats on what sounds like a great build. Don't forget to report back!
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
            X